Googleduplex, ai, chatbots, chatbot & much more…
Chatbots News Tuesday, May 29
- 5 Things Google Duplex Means For The Future Of Chatbots
- Tokio Marine Singapore launches major update to chatbot
- What if a digital twin could go to work for you?
- For now, Duplex means five things will change about bots and chatbots.
- Bots will need to get more human – – Thanks to Duplex, people’s expectations of what’s possible just changed.
- Now, whether communicating via voice or text, bots need to be able to act and react in ways that make sense based on human conversational flows.
- Bots will have to get more specialized – – One of the reasons why Duplex works at all is that Google severely restricted the field of play to very simple, transactional conversations: get a table, make an appointment, set a reservation.
- Bots can already transfer challenging conversations to humans, of course, but getting smart should reduce the number of chats that require human touch.
@nigewillson: 5 Things Google Duplex Means For The Future Of Chatbots https://t.co/SA9pWXoCWg #googleduplex #AI #chatbots… https://t.co/r89G8GmnxU
- Tokio Marine Singapore has introduced a major update to its TOMI chatbot aimed at enhancing its functionality.
- TOMI is a personalised calculator offered by the firm to assess the potential protection gap for Singaporeans and is the first of its kind for a life insurer in the country.
- The updates enable users to self-generate a personalised protection gap report on TOMI – – by answering three simple questions around their monthly income and their current – – protection coverage comprising of mortality and critical illness.
- A big concern is that a lot of Singaporeans are unfamiliar with the concept of a protection – – gap and this potentially leaves them and their families financially vulnerable, Tokio Marine Singapore CEO James Tan said.
- Related stories: – – Most digitally innovative insurers in Singapore revealed – – Tokio Marine Singapore focuses on family values in legacy planning
@Capgemini_ins: Tokio Marine Singapore launches major update to #chatbot #insurance #insurtech https://t.co/Qphi95SeQw
@DrSimoneStumpf: Guess this came out while I wasn’t looking. Me and others on the future of virtual agents and chatbots at work: https://t.co/6tL5qqiUnT