Cannabis News Thursday, May 31
- What is CBD? The ‘miracle’ cannabis compound that doesn’t get you high
- Dene Nation calls on feds to postpone legalizing cannabis for at least 2 years
- California Senate supports state-backed bank for pot money
- In early May, a federal court declined to protect cannabidiol (CBD), a chemical produced by the cannabis plant, from federal law enforcement, despite widespread belief in its medical value.
- It was controversial to pursue medical marijuana for such a young patient, but when they gave Charlotte oil extracted from high-CBD cannabis, her seizures stopped almost completely.
- In late June, the US Food and Drug Administration could approve the Epidiolex, a pharmaceuticalized form of CBD for several severe pediatric seizure disorders.
- It embarked on the Epidiolex project in 2013, as anecdotes of CBDs value as an epilepsy drug began emerging from the US.
- GWs first drug Sativex, which contains both CBD and THC, is available as a treatment for MS-related spasticity in Canada, Australia, and much of Europe and Latin America.
@DougTheMighty58: What is CBD? The ‘miracle’ cannabis compound that doesn’t get you high https://t.co/eQ9FnayKSG
- The Dene Nation has asked the Liberal government to postpone legalizing cannabis for at least twoyears.
- A resolution to that effect was passed today at aspecial Dene Nation leadership meeting in Deline, N.W.T. – – Chiefs gathered say the communities they represent in the Northwest Territories are not ready for legalized cannabis, even while acknowledging its ready availability in those same communities.
- K’atl’odeeche First Nation Chief Roy Fabian made an impassioned plea for Dene leaders to opposelegalized cannabis.
- Fabian and other leaders fear legalizing the drug will inevitably make it more available for youth in communities, regardless of any legislated legal minimum age.
- Leaders at the meeting said they need to take action to stop the drug legal or not from getting into their communities.
@CBCIndigenous: Dene Nation calls on feds to postpone legalizing cannabis for at least 2 years https://t.co/608aoCLH8K https://t.co/FFSbq2QLYp
@cannabis_times: California Senate supports state-backed bank for pot money https://t.co/Cjpid7y7t3 https://t.co/U1lMYwHrJQ