Cannabis, breakthetaboo, cbd, medicalcannabis & much more…
Cannabis News Tuesday, May 29
- ‘I want to produce the world’s best cannabis’
- What is CBD? The ‘miracle’ cannabis compound that doesn’t get you high
- N.L.’s new Cannabis Control Act sets driving penalties, fines for public and underage use
- The total economic output from America’s legal cannabis, worth $16bn (12bn) last year, is forecast to grow 150% to $40bn by 2021, according to BDS Analytics and Arcview Market Research.
- Image caption – – Del-Gro cannabis waiting to be taken away from the facility and marketed as ‘Gentleman’s Cut’ – – – – Lars claims cannabis is the most heavily taxed product in the whole state, taxed at close to 40% when all the various levies are taken into account,…
- Image caption – – This is what buying cannabis looks like in Los Angeles in 2018 – – – – Teams of staff in matching T-shirts help customers browse product information on tablets, with edible cannabis products, oils, and creams on sale alongside the more recognisable flower.
- Image caption – – Daniel Yi from MedMen believes cannabis users can be persuaded to go legal – – – – Possession of a small amount for personal use has been permitted since November 2016, and Californians have been able to use cannabis for medical reasons for more than 20…
- He’s now interested in getting a licence to work in the legal cannabis trade, but believes the high costs are prohibitive for many in the black community who have suffered due to illegal drugs in the past.
@CLEARUK: VIDEO. ‘I want to produce the world’s best #cannabis’ #breakthetaboo https://t.co/puCVW10wYt https://t.co/bAVBUckyvw
- In early May, a federal court declined to protect cannabidiol (CBD), a chemical produced by the cannabis plant, from federal law enforcement, despite widespread belief in its medical value.
- It was controversial to pursue medical marijuana for such a young patient, but when they gave Charlotte oil extracted from high-CBD cannabis, her seizures stopped almost completely.
- In late June, the US Food and Drug Administration could approve the Epidiolex, a pharmaceuticalized form of CBD for several severe pediatric seizure disorders.
- It embarked on the Epidiolex project in 2013, as anecdotes of CBDs value as an epilepsy drug began emerging from the US.
- GWs first drug Sativex, which contains both CBD and THC, is available as a treatment for MS-related spasticity in Canada, Australia, and much of Europe and Latin America.
@royalqueenseeds: What is CBD? The ‘miracle’ cannabis compound that doesn’t get you high https://t.co/YeM347RUBV #CBD #MedicalCannabis
- Much of Newfoundland and Labrador’s new recreational marijuanapolicy focuses on cannabis and driving, as the province gets ready for legalization by the federal government.
- We’re making great progress and we will be ready for whatever date is set, said Justice Minister Andrew Parsons on Monday as he announced the provincial Cannabis Control Act and changes to related legislation, including the Highway Traffic Act, the Smoke-Free Environment Act and the Liquor Control Act.
- This legalization of cannabis for recreational use is one of the most significant policy shifts for Canada since we joined Confederation, said Finance Minister Tom Osborne at the news conference in St. John’s.
- The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary and the RCMP are using money previously announced by the federal government for officer training, said Parsons, who added that the province is in a good position on field sobriety testing and he is comfortable with current training numbers.
- Under the new legalization, a person will be prohibited from possessing more than 30 grams of cannabis, or a flowering or budding cannabis plant, in a public place.
@CBCNL: N.L.’s new Cannabis Control Act sets driving penalties, fines for public and underage usehttps://t.co/gOeIsvBCxt https://t.co/cGBJ2IMpiP