Bitcoin News Tuesday, April 3 Low carbon energy, Renewable energy, Bitcoin prices & more…
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Solar and wind make more electricity than nuclear in the UK for the first time ever
- More UK electricity was produced by wind and solar sources last year than by nuclear power stations, for the first time according to the latest government figures. Renewables’ share of electricity generation shot up to 29 per cent, while nuclear sources accounted for around 21 per cent.
- low carbon energy, renewable energy, new onshore wind, climate change, nuclear power
- Bitcoin prices jump after Japanese online broker reportedly makes bid for a crypto exchange
- Bitcoin prices rose Tuesday after reports that Japanese online broker Monex Group is looking to take over a recently hacked Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck.
- bitcoin prices, brokerage firm Monex, potential Monex acquisition, Japanese cryptocurrency exchange, online brokerage TradeStation
- Tech Thinks It Has a Fix for the Problems It Created: Blockchain
- First used with Bitcoin, blockchain technology could reduce the control that big internet companies have over our personal information. But it’s far from a mature technology.
- blockchain, blockchain projects, , ,
- More UK electricitywas produced by wind and solar sourceslast year than by nuclear power stations,for the first timeaccording to the latest government figures.
- Wind had a particularly good year, giving weight to renewable energy leaders who are calling on the government to end its ban on wind-power subsidies.
- These official figures confirm that its been another record-breaking year for wind energy, which generated 15 per cent of the UKs electricity in 2017, said Emma Pinchbeck, executive director of trade body RenewableUK.
- This meant that at the end of last year over half of our electricity came from low carbon sources, and most of that from wind and solar, overtaking nuclear power.
- Experts have called for an end to the governments current subsidy ban on new onshore wind farms, which they say is holding back the development of the UKs energy infrastructure.
- Bitcoin prices rose above $7,400 Tuesday after reports that Japanese online brokerage firm Monex Group is looking to take over a recently-hacked Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck.
- The Japanese company plans to bid several billion yen for a majority stake in Coincheck as soon as this week, and will set up a new management team to rehabilitate the exchange, the Nikkei Asian Review reported Tuesday – – Bitcoin prices hit a high of $7,430.56 following the news,…
- Brian Kelly, founder and CEO of BK Capital Management, said the possibility of a Monex deal bolstered views that mainstream cryptocurrency adoption is on the way, helping bitcoin prices Tuesday.
- Monex owns U.S.-based online brokerage TradeStation, which Kelly pointed out would now in one way or another, be attached to Coincheck.
- Coincheck drew the attention of Japanese regulators early this year after hackers stole roughly 523 million lesser-known NEM coins from the exchange.
- Photo – – – Ryan Shea, a co-founder of the start-up Blockstack, is one of many entrepreneurs who think blockchain technology could help people wrest control of their personal information away from the internet giants.
- The company built a way to record the basic details of ones personal identity on a blockchain database and then use that identity to set up accounts with other online projects.
- Blockstack has built a way to record the basic details about your identity on a blockchain database and then use that identity to set up accounts with other online projects that are built on top of it.
- Credit – Sam Hodgson for The New York Times – – – Blockstack is one of several blockchain-based projects hoping to create a new generation of online services that dont rely on having unfettered access to our personal information.
- For example, the widely used Bitcoin blockchain allows certain data details of the transactions between users to be seen by anyone, even if other data the users identities remains obscured.
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.