Bitcoin News Friday, March 30 Previous biggest decline, Quarter, Ceo jensen huang & more…
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Bitcoin is on track for its worst first quarter ever with over $114 billion wiped off its value
- The price of bitcoin has fallen from $13,412.44 on January 1 to $7,266.07 on March 30, marking a more than 45 percent decline.
- previous biggest decline, quarter, different digital coins, price, biggest price rise
- Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang: Cryptocurrency is here to stay, will be an ‘important driver’ for business
- Jim Cramer hears from Nvidia founder, President and CEO Jensen Huang in a wide-ranging interview on cryptocurrency, self-driving cars and Nvidia’s graphics business.
- CEO Jensen Huang, Nvidia, crypto craze, bigger business, Nvidia founder
- Colleges are now offering courses in cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Duke, MIT and Stanford are just a few of the elite universities offering courses in cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
- Cornell Tech professor, universities offering courses, robust student group, three-round application process, college campuses
- The price decline this quarter is the biggest first quarter decline in bitcoin’s history.
- The previous biggest decline was a near 38 percent fall in the price in the first quarter of 2014, according to data from CoinDesk.
- CNBC looked at bitcoin’s price performance in the first quarters of each year beginning in 2011.
- The biggest price rise was a 599 percent surge in the price of bitcoin in the first quarter of 2013.
- Italy’s central bank leader told reporters after the meeting in Buenos Aires, Argentina, that cryptocurrencies pose risks but should not be banned, according to Reuters.
- Even though Nvidia’s stock has fallen under pressure for the chipmaker’s ties to cryptocurrency mining, Nvidia founder, President and CEO Jensen Huang doesn’t expect the crypto craze to die down anytime soon.
- Huang admitted that Nvidia’s processors were the perfect vessels for employing the capabilities needed to mine cryptocurrencies like bitcoin.
- The reason why cryptocurrency became such a popular thing on top of our GPUs is our GPUs is the world’s largest installed base of distributed supercomputing, Huang explained.
- However, even with the crypto craze fueling GPU demand, Huang emphasized that it’s far from being a growth driver for Nvidia.
- Gaming is a much bigger business, data center is a much bigger business, our professional graphics is a much bigger business and, of course, in the future, everything that moves will be autonomous and we’ll have autonomous capabilities and that’s going to be a much bigger market, Huang said.
- Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Duke, MIT and Stanford are just a few of the elite universities offering courses in cryptocurrencies and blockchain, the technology underlying them.
- Blockchains have created a sea change in the relationship between academia and industry, said Ari Juels, a Cornell Tech professor and co-director of the Initiative for CryptoCurrencies and Contracts.
- At U.C. Berkeley, Blockchain, Cryptoeconomics, and the Future of Technology, Business, and Law, is the first course cross-listed in three departments: engineering, law and business.
- Besides offering the graduate-level course, the university also boasts a robust student group, Blockchain at Berkeley.
- Still, most students say they’re not driven by the financial prospects of blockchain.
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.