Bitcoin News Thursday, March 29 Percent, Bitcoin price index, Dylan curran & more…
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Ethereum, the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, fell to its lowest since Nov. 30, according to CoinMarketCap.
- percent, bitcoin price index, largest digital currency, Bitcoin three-month performance, capital gains tax
- Are you ready? This is all the data Facebook and Google have on you | Dylan Curran
- The harvesting of our personal details goes far beyond what many of us could imagine. So I braced myself and had a look
- Dylan Curran, data Facebook, , ,
- Does blockchain offer hype or hope?
- For many tech insiders, the most exciting thing about bitcoin is the thing that allows it to function: blockchain. What is it and what other uses might it have?
- offer hype, Guardian, Technology,
- Bitcoin dropped Thursday, bringing losses for the week so far to about 17 percent.
- The largest digital currency by market capitalization fell 7.6 percent to a low of $7,331.52 before recovering to near $7,400, according to CoinDesk’s bitcoin price index.
- Ethereum, the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, declined 9.8 percent to near $402, its lowest since Nov. 30, according to CoinMarketCap.
- Some analysts have expected selling in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies to pick up towards the mid-April deadline to file U.S. taxes as first-time investors realized they needed cash to pay capital gains tax.
- The latest decline in bitcoin also came as U.S. stocks tried to recoup some of the month’s losses.
- Google stores your location (if you have location tracking turned on) every time you turn on your phone.
- Click on this link to see your own data: creates an advertisement profile based on your information, including your location, gender, age, hobbies, career, interests, relationship status, possible weight (need to lose 10lb in one day?)
- Click on this link to see your own data: stores all of your YouTube history, so they probably know whether youre going to be a parent soon, if youre a conservative, if youre a progressive, if youre Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, if youre feeling depressed or suicidal, if youre anorexic…
- This link includes your bookmarks, emails, contacts, your Google Drive files, all of the above information, your YouTube videos, the photos youve taken on your phone, the businesses youve bought from, the products youve bought through Google … – – They also have data from your calendar, your Google hangout…
- The data they collect includes tracking where you are, what applications you have installed, when you use them, what you use them for, access to your webcam and microphone at any time, your contacts, your emails, your calendar, your call history, the messages you send and receive, the files you…
- During that period, technologists and corporate evangelists had stopped touting the qualities of bitcoin, turning instead to a technology that underpinned the cryptocurrency without being tainted by dodgy connections: blockchain.
- Cryptocurrency units could be inscribed with additional information and transformed into tokens representing anything from diamonds to title deeds; in this way blockchains could be repurposed as devices to verify property rights, or track products as they changed hands throughout the supply chain.
- A blockchain called Ethereum came to dominate the open-source landscape: launched in 2015 by Russian-Canadian programmer Vitalik Buterin, it allowed developers to code and run decentralised autonomous organisations applications selling their services in exchange for cryptocurrency, and self-managing themselves according tosets of automatically enforced rules dubbedsmart contracts.
- More recently, during a talk in Barcelona, bitcoin developer and anarchist firebrand Amir Taaki proposed using blockchain technology for rerunning the Catalanindependence referendum online, a method which, he argued, would neutralise the repression of Spains central government.
- Its blockchain, though, is to be very different from bitcoins or Ethereums public ledger: it will be a private, invitation-only network, run by the exchange in compliance with law and regulation.
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.