Bitcoin News Friday, March 23 Bitcoin, Bitcoin exchange mt, Blockchain & more…
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Investors bullish on bitcoin now that the ‘Tokyo Whale’ has stopped selling
- An influential holder of bitcoin is done selling for now, and some investors say it could help prices in the short term.
- bitcoin, bitcoin exchange Mt, influential bitcoin holder, trustee Nobuaki Kobayashi, digital currency
- IBM launches a cheaper platform for start-ups to build blockchain projects
- IBM’s new blockchain product is a cheaper alternative its current enterprise plan for firms looking to develop blockchain applications.
- blockchain, IBM, blockchain technology, IBM blockchain platform, new blockchain product
- US added 700,000 new millionaires in 2017
- The number of new millionaires and the total population of millionaires in the U.S. set a record.
- millionaire households, Spectrem Group, , ,
- News that an influential bitcoin holder is taking a break from selling has added to a bullish case for the digital currency.
- A trustee of defunct Tokyo bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox sold more than 35,000 bitcoin, worth about $400 million at the time, to pay off creditors, according to details of the sale published by a company trustee last week.
- The exchange closed in 2014 and filed for bankruptcy after the theft of 850,000 bitcoin.
- In order to liquidate Mt. Gox’s remaining 166,000 bitcoin, worth about $1.6 billion at Monday’s prices, lawyer and trustee Nobuaki Kobayashi said he still needs regulatory approval.
- IBM has unveiled a new blockchain product that lets start-ups and developers build their own distributed ledger projects.
- Different to the public blockchain network that underpins bitcoin, IBM’s technology only allows a certain number of trusted parties to access it.
- IBM’s blockchain starter plan is currently in beta testing mode, and is free for developers to use until commercial release.
- The new plan is perfect for pilot projects and early stage development work for those who want to build solutions on the IBM blockchain platform which currently has over 250 active blockchain networks, Marie Wieck, general manager of IBM Blockchain, told CNBC in an email on Wednesday.
- Some big businesses are more at ease with the idea of permissioned blockchains like IBM’s as they are designed to be tamper proof and keep transaction data private.
- The number of millionaire households in the U.S. jumped by more than 700,000 last year, thanks to surging stock prices and housing values, according to a new report.
- The U.S. now has more than 11 million millionaire households, according to Spectrem Group, up more than 6 percent from 2016.
- Spectrem defines millionaire households as those with at least $1 million in investible assets, not including primary residence.
- Since the financial crisis, the number of millionaire households has nearly doubled.
- Walper says that unless stock markets tumble this year, the growth in millionaire households is likely to continue.
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.