Bitcoin News Monday, March 12 Outspoken bitcoin uberbull, Big bet, Bitcoin misery index & more…
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Hedge fund manager: I believe so strongly in bitcoin and other cryptos I put nearly all my money in them
- “Like 90 percent,” Brian Kelly estimates. “I run a fund. I have my money in that. I’ve got investments elsewhere.”
- outspoken bitcoin uberbull, big bet, BK Capital Management, BKCM Digital Asset, stock market look
- Wall Street analyst creates new index that tries to tell you when to buy bitcoin
- Now is the time to buy bitcoin, according to a new “misery index” for the cryptocurrency created by a Wall Street strategist.
- bitcoin misery index, Wall Street strategist, , ,
- Cryptofunds poaching Wall Street talent amid digital currency boom
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain hedge fund Pantera Capital announces the hiring of former Deutsche Bank managing director William Healy.
- Deutsche Bank, hedge fund Pantera, new asset class, Pantera Capital CEO, director William Healy
- Brian Kelly, an outspoken bitcoin uberbull, told CNBC on Monday that he has nearly all of his money invested in cryptocurrencies.
- That’s a big bet indeed, considering bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies make the recent spikes and plunges in the stock market look like child’s play.
- Bitcoin, the world’s largest cryptocurrency, hit a record high of more than $19,000 in mid-December after soaring about 1,300 percent for all of 2017.
- Asked whether he can tolerate letting his money ride in a market known for 10 to 20 percent gyrations any given week, Kelly said, I am comfortable with that.
- Kelly said the bull case behind bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is broader than thinking of them as a payment system one that is not accepted much in the real world and historically linked with illicit purchases online.
- Now is the time to buy bitcoin, according to a new misery index for the cryptocurrency created by a Wall Street strategist.
- When the bitcoin misery index is at ‘misery’ (below 27), bitcoin sees the best 12-month performance, Fundstrat Global Advisors co-founder Thomas Lee said in a Friday report.
- As of Friday the index was around 18.8 on a scale of 100, telling us that bitcoin holders are miserable, right now, said Lee, who pointed out that it was the lowest reading since Aug. 2011.
- Bitcoin over the last 12 months – – Bitcoin was trading more than 3.5 percent lower near $8,900 Friday morning, according to CoinDesk’s bitcoin price index.
- Fundstrat’s Lee is the only major Wall Street strategist to issue regular reports and formal price targets on bitcoin.
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain hedge fund Pantera Capital said Tuesday it is hiring former Deutsche Bank managing director William Healy.
- The Wall Street veteran co-founded Deutsche Bank’s Hedge Fund Priority Client group and was a key player in establishing the German bank’s U.S. hedge fund strategy, according to Pantera’s investor letter published Tuesday.
- Pantera, which has roughly $724 million assets under management, also announced the launch of its third blockchain-focused venture fund Tuesday.
- Bitwise Asset Management, manager of the first cryptocurrency index fund, announced it will hire industry veteran Matt Hougan as vice president of research and development.
- Cryptocurrency’s bringing together software people, who tend to be those younger stereotypes, but also pulling in financial community who are really excited about the birth of a new asset class or have been bored with low volatility or fee compression.
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.