Bitcoin News Sunday, March 11 Offer hype, Guardian, Bitcoin & more…
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Does blockchain offer hype or hope?
- For many tech insiders, the most exciting thing about bitcoin is the thing that allows it to function: blockchain. What is it and what other uses might it have?
- offer hype, Guardian, Technology,
- Would you want to get paid in Bitcoin?
- A Japanese internet firm is the latest to offer its staff part of their salaries in the digital currency.
- Bitcoin, digital currency, high profile cryptocurrency, internet firm GMO, Bitcoin salaries
- Trader who called bitcoin rally says cryptocurrency will surge above $100,000 in 2018
- Dave Chapman from Hong Kong-based Octagon Strategy also said that bitcoin could become a huge disruptor in the finance industry.
- Bitcoin Price Index, firm Octagon Strategy, figure headline, digital currency exchanges, hotly anticipated futures
- During that period, technologists and corporate evangelists had stopped touting the qualities of bitcoin, turning instead to a technology that underpinned the cryptocurrency without being tainted by dodgy connections: blockchain.
- Cryptocurrency units could be inscribed with additional information and transformed into tokens representing anything from diamonds to title deeds; in this way blockchains could be repurposed as devices to verify property rights, or track products as they changed hands throughout the supply chain.
- A blockchain called Ethereum came to dominate the open-source landscape: launched in 2015 by Russian-Canadian programmer Vitalik Buterin, it allowed developers to code and run decentralised autonomous organisations applications selling their services in exchange for cryptocurrency, and self-managing themselves according tosets of automatically enforced rules dubbedsmart contracts.
- More recently, during a talk in Barcelona, bitcoin developer and anarchist firebrand Amir Taaki proposed using blockchain technology for rerunning the Catalanindependence referendum online, a method which, he argued, would neutralise the repression of Spains central government.
- Its blockchain, though, is to be very different from bitcoins or Ethereums public ledger: it will be a private, invitation-only network, run by the exchange in compliance with law and regulation.
- Mr Chester said he converts 15% of his own monthly salary and believes it is a way of accumulating Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies without worrying about whether you’re buying at the right time.
- Wherever they are in the world, employees will usually be liable for income tax due on their Bitcoin wages, calculated on its value at the time the salary is paid.
- What is in it for employers?Some companies working in the cryptocurrency industry have been offering Bitcoin salaries for years.
- At the Singapore based blockchain company TenX, staff usually have their base salary paid into their bank accounts, but their monthly bonus is paid in Pay tokens, the firm’s own digital currency.
- TenX co-founder and president, Julian Hosp, said it did not make sense to buy Bitcoin to pay bonuses when the company already had its own currency.
- Bitcoin’s runaway rally could accelerate next year as the cryptocurrency continues to gain wider acceptance, a trader said Monday.
- I wouldn’t be surprised to see a six figure headline, said Dave Chapman, Managing Director of cryptocurrency trading firm Octagon Strategy, who sees the price of bitcoin exceeding $100,000 before the end of 2018.
- The digital currency was changing hands about 10.7 percent higher at above $16,642.45, according to CoinDesk’s Bitcoin Price Index.
- This is a dangerous speculative bubble by any shadow or stretch of the imagination, he told CNBC’s The Rundown last week – suggesting that exchange legitimization makes bitcoin somewhat dangerous for investors, given what he described as a lack of intrinsic underlying economic value to the concept.
- Chapman said bitcoin’s scarcity is a key factor behind his bullish call, but it’s not the only reason he expects to see a six digit price in the future.
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.