Bitcoin News Saturday, March 10 Regulator joseph borg, Cboe futures exchange, Ira & more…
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- People are taking out mortgages to buy bitcoin, says securities regulator
- Bitcoin is in the “mania” phase, with some people even borrowing money to get in on the action, regulator Joseph Borg said.
- regulator Joseph Borg, Cboe futures exchange, futures contracts, North American Securities, bitcoin futures
- Putting bitcoin in your IRA can sink your retirement
- More companies are offering cryptocurrency friendly IRAs. Here’s what you need to know.
- IRA, retirement savings, bitcoin ira, California-based Bitcoin IRA, traditional IRA accounts
- You Can Use a Weed Grow Tent to Cool Your Bitcoin Mining Rig
- A cool, but noisy way to cool your cryptocurrency
- mining rig, YouTuber Yuri Murakami, mining rig cool, graphics processing units, discreet AC unit
- Bitcoin is in the mania phase, with some people even borrowing money to get in on the action, securities regulator Joseph Borg told CNBC on Monday.
- Bitcoin has been soaring all year, starting out at $1,000 and rocketing above $19,000 on the Coinbase exchange last week.
- The price on Coinbase, which accounts for a third of bitcoin trading value, is often at a premium over other exchanges.
- Whether it is bitcoin or not, I don’t know, Borg said in an interview with Power Lunch.
- Bitcoin futures, trading under the XBT ticker symbol, debuted on the Cboe futures exchange on Sunday night.
- Last year, she invested 15 percent of her retirement savings in cryptocurrencies.
- Six percent of savers say they would consider using cryptocurrencies as an investment option for their retirement plan, according to a recent survey by Auctus, a platform for retirement planning.
- Chris Kline, chief operating officer at California-based Bitcoin IRA, said about 4,500 people have signed up for its retirement accounts since it opened in 2016.
- Douglas Boneparth, president and founder of Bone Fide Wealth, said he worries the talk about bitcoin IRAs will make people overestimate how normal it is to invest in cryptocurrencies.
- For most people who have an IRA, they’re in no position to be investing this way.
- YouTuber Yuri Murakami ordered a cheap marijuana grow tent online, stuffed his mining rig inside and used a system of ducts to bring in cool air and push out hot air.
- This room used to get to about 85 degrees fahrenheit with no mining rig, Murakami said in his video.
- Marijuana grow tents have long been a discreet solution for the suburban grower who wants to control the temperature, light, and heat generated by their operation.
- Murakamis solution is just the latest in a long line of cooling solutions for keeping a mining rig cool.
- According to Murakami and other YouTubers posting about their mining rig packed grow tents, the biggest problem with using the tents and a system of fans is all the noise it generates.
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.