Bitcoin News Thursday, February 8
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Cryptocurrency market could hit $1 trillion this year with bitcoin surging to $50,000, experts say
- Bitcoin saw a huge fall in recent days, dropping below $6,000 for the first time since mid-November.
- recent violent sell-off, total cryptocurrency market, recent cryptocurrency sell-off, cryptocurrency exchange Gatecoin, Nasdaq CEO Adena
- Bitcoin will someday be worth as much as 40 times its current value, says Cameron Winklevoss
- Brother Tyler Winklevoss hit back at bitcoin critics, saying that any criticism is a ‘failure of the imagination.’
- Cameron Winklevoss, Tyler Winklevoss, Winklevoss twin, bitcoin disrupts gold, better gold
- Here’s How Much It Costs to Mine 1 Bitcoin in the U.S.
- While still profitable, bitcoin mining margins are plunging in the U.S. of late.
- bitcoin, Getty Images, Image source, electricity costs, single bitcoin
- A digital currency is coming, but it’s not Bitcoin
- The bubble is finally bursting, leaving a trail of gullible fools to nurse their losses.
- greatest bull market, gullible fools, North Koreans, Knights Templar, wild volatility
- This crypto-millionaire bought a Lamborghini for $115 thanks to bitcoin
- Lamborghinis have become the favorite splurge of bitcoin millionaires.
- bitcoin, CNBC Make, Lamborghini Newport Beach, Saddington, bitcoin cost Saddington
Tweeted At: Wed Feb 07 08:45:37 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-07T03:47:29+00:00
Author: Arjun Kharpal
- Cryptocurrencies could go on a bull run greater than last year and pass the trillion-dollar mark in terms of value, experts told CNBC, following a recent violent sell-off across digital coins.
- On Wednesday, it was trading above the $7,000 level as the cryptocurrency market stabilized.
- At its lowest point on Tuesday, the total cryptocurrency market saw over $550 billion wiped off its value.
- “Increasing regulatory recognition of cryptocurrency exchanges, the entrance of institutional capital and major technology developments will contribute to the market’s rebound and push cryptocurrency prices to all new highs this year,” Thomas Glucksmann, head of APAC business development at cryptocurrency exchange Gatecoin, told CNBC by email on Tuesday.
- The technology advancements Glucksmann referenced include bitcoin’s so-called Lightning Network, which would boost the very slow transaction speeds using the cryptocurrency.
Tweeted At: Wed Feb 07 18:06:05 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-07T12:44:58+00:00
Author: Arjun Kharpal
- Bitcoin could be worth 40 times its current value one day, Cameron Winklevoss — one half of the famous twins — told CNBC on Wednesday.
- Cameron Winklevoss made the call after comparing bitcoin to gold during a CNBC-hosted chat at the Milken Institute’s MENA Summit.
- Its sort of equals a better gold across the board,” Winklevoss told CNBC.
- “So if you look at a $100 billion market cap today, now last week it might have been more like 200, so it’s actually a buying opportunity, we think that there’s a potential appreciation of 30 to 40 times because you look at the gold market today, it’s a $7…
- Even at the lower $100 billion market cap, a 40 times price appreciation would peg bitcoin’s value at $4 trillion.
Tweeted At: Wed Feb 07 20:21:13 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-07T12:21:00+00:00
Author: Sean Williams,
- As it has been since day one, bitcoin continues to lead the charge as the world’s most valuable cryptocurrency by market cap.
- Bitcoin also happens to be one of the most minable cryptocurrencies in the world as a result of its popularity and relatively high liquidity as a virtual asset.
- Thus, bitcoin miners are solving complex equations to be paid in fractions of bitcoin tokens.
- In bitcoin’s early years, mining could be done with high-powered graphics cards from the likes of NVIDIA and Advanced Micro Devices.
- Today, however, bitcoin mining requires expensive ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit) chips that have narrowed the prospective field of miners.
Tweeted At: Wed Feb 07 09:00:18 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-06T23:09:00+00:00
Author: Matthew Lynn
- We are simply witnessing a correction in the greatest bull market of all time.
- Governments are getting scared and clamping down as they witness their power ebbing away, the North Koreans are manipulating the market as an overture to war, and the Knights Templar are controlling all the cryptocurrencies as a way restoring their ancient order to global power.
- OK, I admit I made that last one up after reading a bit too much Dan Brown, but all the others are explanations seriously put forward for the wild volatility in the price of Bitcoin so far this year.
- The crazy movements in the price mean that Bitcoin will never be the one thing it…
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 04:54:05 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-07T11:47:12+00:00
Author: Ali Montag
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.