Bitcoin News Tuesday, February 6
Bitcoin News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Unicef recruits gamers to mine Ethereum in aid of Syrian children
- Cryptocurrency scheme is part of wider UN effort to revolutionise aid with blockchain technology, increasing financial transparency
- switch, Syrian children, contribution Subscribe, Email preferences, Global development
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row el_id=”Unicef-recruits-gamers-to-mine-Ethereum-in-aid-of-Syrian-children”][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_separator][vc_column_text]
Tweeted At: Tue Feb 06 16:50:32 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-06T06:30:01+00:00
Author: Peter Beaumont
- The UN’s children’s agency, Unicef, has launched a futuristic pilot project to utilise the cryptocurrency Ethereum to raise money for Syrian children.
- The scheme is part of wider efforts by Unicef and other UN agencies to find uses for the “blockchain” technology associated with the cryptocurrency – the world’s second largest after the controversial Bitcoin – to revolutionise not only how aid organisations raise money but also to increase transparency in their…
- The World Food Programme (WFP) has used Ethereum to deliver $1.4m in food vouchers, via the use of iris recognition scanners in camp supermarkets, to around 10,000 Syrian refugees in Jordan, a scheme it plans to expand tenfold in four camps.
- Unicef sees three potential uses for blockchain technology: introducing new ways to donate money; creating greater transparency in internal processes; and potentially addressing issues like payments to partners of frontline workers, such as locally contracted lorry drivers.
- He underlines the distinction between cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Bitcoin and the underlying blockchain technology, and what it can potentially offer aid agencies and charities.
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text el_class=”topfeed-tags”]Tags: switch, Syrian children, contribution Subscribe, Email preferences, Global development[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_separator][vc_column_text el_class=”topfeed-tweet”]
@nickcarter: Gamers using technology to be humanitarians? Now that’s what I’m talking about. https://t.co/PdEl1sUNiE… https://t.co/yqZOeMuCAi
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text el_class=”topfeed-embedly”]Unicef recruits gamers to mine Ethereum in aid of Syrian children | Global development | The Guardian[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Top Bitcoin Courses
Blockchain and Bitcoin Fundamentals (24,858 students enrolled)By George Levy
- Have a strong understanding of what Blockchain technology is.
- Understand what Bitcoin is and how it works.
- Know and use key vocabulary and concepts commonly used when discussing Blockchain and Bitcoin in business situations.
The Complete Bitcoin Course: Get .0001 BTC In Your Wallet (12,665 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand How Bitcoin Works As A Globally Based Cryptocurrency, And Get Involved With It Practically As Well As Learning The Theoretical Side Of The Currency.
- Realise How Anyone Can Get Involved In Bitcoin Mining, Whether It’s For Profit Or Just For Fun, You Will Be Able To Start Mining Your Very Own Bitcoins With Everything On This Course.
- Undertake Your First Ever Bitcoin Transaction By Receiving .0001 Bitcoin From Me, Simply By Enrolling On This Course As A Paid Student.