Infographic, bigdata, bigdata, deep & much more…
BigData News Thursday, July 19
- [Webinar Q/A Part 1] Big Data Hadoop Administration
- Breakingviews – Really Big Data gives China medical AI edge
- Deep Learning Research Review: Natural Language Processing
- Emoji Scavenger Hunt by Google Brand Studio
- Please wait…
- IBM Code
- Kaggle: Your Home for Data Science
- Top 10 Machine Learning Algorithms
MachineLearning, Algorithms, abdsc, BigData, DataScience, AI
@herruer: [Webinar Q/A Part 1] Big Data Hadoop Administration https://t.co/79hyVbZVYo
@meisshaily: The latest Infographics! https://t.co/vCE9394aQU Thanks to @TheMileageClub1 @NinoInzerillo #infographic #BigData
- Investors atlast weeks annual RISE technology conference in Hong Kongtalked up a coming healthcare and the hype is as palpable in Silicon Valley.
- REUTERS/Jason Reed – – – U.S. venture capitalfundspoured over $12 billion into local biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical-device upstarts in the first half of this year, according to data fromPitchbook, on track tosurpass last years recordof $17 billion.
- Investments inthe countrys life sciences sector doubled to $12 billion last year, according to ChinaBio Consulting, and accelerated to more than $5 billion in the first quarter of2018,led by prolific backers like Qiming Ventures and Sequoia Capital China.
- Chinas population of 1.4 billion – anda governmentwilling and able to encouragethe sharing of data -giveshealthcare AIcompanies therean advantage.
- Future giants are waiting in the wings: Shenzhens $6 billion BGI Genomics is already the worlds top sequencer, while biotech upstarts like the Fidelity-backed Innovent Biologics are gearing up for Hong Kong listings.
@whymandesign: Breakingviews – Really Big Data gives China medical AI edge https://t.co/T9BQDLb4wQ #bigdata https://t.co/T9BQDLb4wQ
@zippylab: [(the Synergy Of Inquiry : Engaging Students In Deep Learning Across The Content Areas)] [by (author) Paul Jablon] Published On (december, 2014) https://t.co/ZHbwenSd18 #deep #learning @zippylab
@data_nerd: Deep Learning Research Review: Natural Language Processing #DeepLearning https://t.co/N32g0FlTSY
@googlestudents: For #WorldEmojiDay we’re using Emoji Scavenger Hunt 🔍 and machine learning to find as many real-life emojis as we can – or as other people call them …objects 🤷.Try it out 🔍👍🍌 🍕☂️🦋!https://t.co/AcSzt5Voik https://t.co/C1l130AGcU
@NIH: #NIH is excited to host a workshop on AI, machine learning & advancing biomedical research, July 23 from 8:45am – 4pm ET. Speakers include experts from Amazon, IBM, Stanford, MIT and more! You can watch it here: https://t.co/LJs1VKjl6J and join the convo on #2018biomedAI https://t.co/mQMAIRrmmD
@developerWorks: IBM @ OSCON 2018: TODAY, 11:00 AM PST, E147-148, Animesh Singh and Tommy Li on how to “Deploy and use a multiframework distributed deep learning platform on Kubernetes” #OSCON #kubernetes https://t.co/o8dZpnzrnT
@KaggleCareers: Machine Learning Developer https://t.co/t501wkTAXu
- Most of them seem to define top as oldest, and thus most used, ignoring modern, efficient algorithms fit for big data, such asindexation, attribution modeling, collaborative filtering, or recommendation engines used by companies such as Amazon, Google, or Facebook.
- Some of these techniques such as Naive Bayes (variables are almost never uncorrelated),Linear Discriminant Analysis (clusters are almost never separated by hyperplanes), orLinear Regression (numerous model assumptions – including linearity – are almost always violated in real data)have been so abusedthat I would hesitate teaching them.
- You might have to attend classes taught by real practitioners (people who worked for big data solutions vendors) to learn modern tools that will give you a competitive edge on the job market.
- An publisher such as O’Reilly, as well as some universities with an applied data science department, provide good education about these state-of-the-art techniques, with case studies.
- My upcoming book Data Science 2.0will cover much of the topic, and my previous Wiley bookis a good starting point.
@KirkDBorne: 11 of the Top #MachineLearning #Algorithms, and how to master them: https://t.co/fflhWYAgTn #abdsc #BigData #DataScience #AI by @TeachTheMachine https://t.co/rbwJcbZXfa