Bigdata, supplychain, machinelearning, bigdata & much more…
BigData News Monday, June 18
- The Impact of Big Data on Supply Chain
- NXP Wants to Bring Machine Learning to “Edge” Processors
- A Computer Weekly buyer’s guide to big data
- It is this type of integrated data and communications that are becoming the backbone of the Big Data led revolution underway in supply chain.
- To really understand how technology is transforming supply chain, it is important to understand how Big Data differs from any other form of information gathering.
- The range and volume of this data is continuously increasing, with billions of data points generated by sources we see as directly linked to supply chain such as network nodes and transaction and shipping records as well as other areas that more indirectly impact supply chains such as retail channels…
- These types of decisions have potentially large financial consequences but when implemented correctly, it is easy to see how supply chain operational efficiency can be significantly boosted by effective use of Big Data analytics.
- The more supply chain technologies are reliant on Big Data, either in their business model or as a result of their impact on an organisation, the more organisations have to rely on the effective use of Big Data analytics to help them make sense of the volumes of data being…
@alisovino: RT ipfconline1: How will big data impact the supply chain industry?#bigdata #supplychainhttps://t.co/P1TYA7PqUC https://t.co/tvINN8faJs
- Up to now, machine learning has been done by major OEMs and big companies on expensive chips, Gowri Chindalore, head of technology and business strategy for embedded processors at NXP, told Design News.
- The first way is through the application of a software tool that enables developers to quickly assess how well machine learning would perform on their selected processor chip.
- NXP engineers argued that many such applications arent using machine learning today because developers believe that machine learning is reserved for higher-end chips.
- NXP envisions the new software environment being used in a wide variety of machine learning applications.
- Ultimately, the company wants to get the word out to the developer community that machine learning isnt just for expensive, high-end applications.
@IainLJBrown: NXP Wants to Bring Machine Learning to “Edge” ProcessorsRead more here: https://t.co/ENmuTzQ3L0#MachineLearning… https://t.co/Pphudcd1fJ
- Companies are switching on to the advantages of big data.
- In this 13-page buyers guide, Computer Weekly looks at data analytics, how to get value out of it and the benefits of process mining.
@IainLJBrown: A Computer Weekly buyer’s guide to big dataRead more here: https://t.co/BRCXjfPtau#BigData #DataScience… https://t.co/cZkRS3C0Sp