Ai, iot, bigdata, cpp & much more…
BigData News Wednesday, June 6
- IoT DevOps Hands-On (Day 3): GitLab CI/CD and Friends – DZone IoT
- Deep Learning based Text Recognition (OCR) using Tesseract and OpenCV
- Top 10 Machine Learning Algorithms
- In this article, we continue our journey into the world of DevOps and IoT with GitLab CI/CD.
- But, let’s see how GitLab CI/CD can help us in an IoT device development workflow.
- Then, we can check the status of our pipelines and jobs from the GitLab CI/CD web interface.
- Except for Travis CI and GitLab CI/CD, there are plenty of popular CI/CD tools and services out there like TeamCity, CircleCI, Bamboo, Codefresh, Codeship, and the list is endless.
- So far, we talked about some of the most popular CI/CD tools and whether they fit well in IoT device development.
@BigDataGal: #AI #IoT #BigData IoT DevOps Hands-On (Day 3): GitLab CI/CD and Friends https://t.co/deQM9UAFBB
@meetingcpp: Deep Learning based Text Recognition (OCR) using Tesseract and OpenCVhttps://t.co/BvBLUreVgJ#cpp#cplusplus https://t.co/dbFChkD18d
- Most of them seem to define top as oldest, and thus most used, ignoring modern, efficient algorithms fit for big data, such asindexation, attribution modeling, collaborative filtering, or recommendation engines used by companies such as Amazon, Google, or Facebook.
- Some of these techniques such as Naive Bayes (variables are almost never uncorrelated),Linear Discriminant Analysis (clusters are almost never separated by hyperplanes), orLinear Regression (numerous model assumptions – including linearity – are almost always violated in real data)have been so abusedthat I would hesitate teaching them.
- You might have to attend classes taught by real practitioners (people who worked for big data solutions vendors) to learn modern tools that will give you a competitive edge on the job market.
- An publisher such as O’Reilly, as well as some universities with an applied data science department, provide good education about these state-of-the-art techniques, with case studies.
- My upcoming book Data Science 2.0will cover much of the topic, and my previous Wiley bookis a good starting point.
@KirkDBorne: 11 of the Top #MachineLearning #Algorithms, and how to master them: https://t.co/fflhWYRRKV #abdsc #BigData… https://t.co/U0QurlLPcU