Cybersecurity, bigdata, twitter, cybersecurity & much more…
BigData News Saturday, June 2
- Big Data and Cyber Security – A double whammy for hackers
- Twitter Blocks Accounts of Previously Underage Users
- Astonishing Hierarchy of Machine Learning Needs
- study looks in-depth at current deployment levels and the benefits of big data security analytics solutions, as well as the challenges they face.
- According to Data Meer, the two biggest challenges include: – – With all the cybersecurity threats that happen here, businesses are fortunate to have big data analytics step in to help them.
- Since big data analysis combines current analytics with security, it makes your business more cyber resilient.
- The technology research firm, Gartner Inc. says that at least 25% of large, global, healthcare facilities have adopted big data analytics for at least one security or fraud detection use case today.
- With this in mind, here are some things that data analytics can do to combat cyber threats today: – – With the growing number of cyber threats today, it’s time to look into big data analysis.
@KirkDBorne: The Rise in #Cybersecurity Threats Today — How #BigData Analytics Rises to the Occasion: https://t.co/emOWEjwQsE… https://t.co/ZJkGT3S0W1
- In order to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Twitter has started blocking its users who were underage when they created their accounts even if they now meet the minimum age requirements.
- I received a message saying my account was now locked and would require parental consent in order to process my data, or my account will be deleted, one user, who is now 20, told the Guardian.
- He had signed up for an account in 2009 without entering a birthday, and then put a fake age in once the company introduced the ability to add that information, before recently updating it to his actual birthday.
- The company refused to publicly comment on the topic but a source confirmed that it had updated its policy to lock the accounts created by children who had claimed that they were above the age of 13 years when they signed up.
- The issue of data privacy is more serious now more than ever because of the Cambridge Analytica Scandal and it is believed that Twitter thought that only way to comply with GDPR was to remove the accounts that may have been created by underage users.
@reach2ratan: #Twitter Blocks Accounts of Previously Underage Users https://t.co/R4mv8JPhv6#CyberSecurity #infosec #AI #Malware… https://t.co/WMo547OoY4
- Machine Learning is the hottest subject of todays time, DataScientist is the sexiest job of today but implementing these buzz words in real life business is most important need.
- The real need for todays time and business is to clarify, demonstrate and extract real values to benefit every one from this golden key word Machine Learning.
- Machine Learning is a focal point where business needs and experience (Mathematics, Statistics & Algorithmic logic/thinking) meet emerging technology and decides to work together to put useful results on table for real business.
- Machine learning helps data science by making a provision for data analysis, data preparation and even decision making.
- The wordlearninginmachine learningmeans that the algorithms depend on somedata, used as a training set, to fine-tune some model or algorithm parameters.
@KirkDBorne: The Astonishing Hierarchy of #MachineLearning Needs: https://t.co/V2FPdfEXUt #abdsc #BigData #DataScience #AI… https://t.co/bsQ3tofoHG
Top Big Data Courses
The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop - Tame your Big Data! (31,889 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Design distributed systems that manage "big data" using Hadoop and related technologies.
- Use HDFS and MapReduce for storing and analyzing data at scale.
- Use Pig and Spark to create scripts to process data on a Hadoop cluster in more complex ways.
- Analyze relational data using Hive and MySQL
- Analyze non-relational data using HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB
- Query data interactively with Drill, Phoenix, and Presto
- Choose an appropriate data storage technology for your application
- Understand how Hadoop clusters are managed by YARN, Tez, Mesos, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hue, and Oozie.
- Publish data to your Hadoop cluster using Kafka, Sqoop, and Flume
- Consume streaming data using Spark Streaming, Flink, and Storm
Taming Big Data with MapReduce and Hadoop - Hands On! (13,894 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Understand how MapReduce can be used to analyze big data sets
- Write your own MapReduce jobs using Python and MRJob
- Run MapReduce jobs on Hadoop clusters using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Chain MapReduce jobs together to analyze more complex problems
- Analyze social network data using MapReduce
- Analyze movie ratings data using MapReduce and produce movie recommendations with it.
- Understand other Hadoop-based technologies, including Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Understand what Hadoop is for, and how it works