Datascience, bigdata, machinelearning, deeplearning & much more…
BigData News Friday, June 1
- Another member of J.P. Morgan’s data science team has quit
- Big data and local government – Government Computing Network
- Deep Learning personalization of Internet is next big leap – AI Trends
- As we noted last week, people keep on leaving J.P. Morgans data science and machine learning division.
- Gleb Dobrov, a manager in J.P. Morgans Intelligent Solutions business has left for BCG Gamma, the data analytics unit of Boston Consulting Group, according to his LinkedIn profile.
- Writing in the introduction to J.P. Morgans 2017 annual report, Daniel Pinto, head of the corporate and investment bank (CIB) said the bank will be spending $10.8bn on technology this year, up from $9.5bn last year.
- In place of J.P.M Intelligent Solutions,Samik Chandarana,the former credit trader and J.P. Morgan veteran, was made head of data science and analytics in the corporate and investment bank in October 2017.
- Both Vesolo and Chandarana report intoSanoke Viswanathan, chief administrative officer of J.P. Morgan’s corporate and investment bank.
@IainLJBrown: Another member of JP Morgan’s data science team has quitRead more here: https://t.co/WgnbMXdqCk#DataScience… https://t.co/y8BEC9yZfY
- Get the fundamentals right first – – It is crucial to get the basic infrastructure in place before embarking on a big data project.
- Local authorities are no different to most organisations in finding that data is often stuck in siloes within departments, or even individual business units, and is almost impossible to access and use.
- Innovation charity Nestas discussion paper Datavores of Local Government looked at some emerging trends in how local councils are using their data to provide savings and improved services.
- As more services shift online, more communication with residents is digital, more council staff use mobile devices and more infrastructure is linked via the Internet of Things so the scale of the data lake will continue to grow.
- In the next few years how local councils deliver services, and even the types of services they offer, will be profoundly changed by the impact of data analysis and also machine learning.
@IainLJBrown: Big data and local governmentRead more here: https://t.co/mt68pfNpHw#BigData #DataScience #MachineLearning… https://t.co/nxALgl8gHT
- Deep learning is a subfield of machine learning and it comprises several approaches to tackling the single most important goal of AI research: allowing computers to model our world well enough to exhibit something like what we humans call intelligence.
- Google Translates science-fiction-like Word Lens function is powered by a deep learning algorithm and Deep Minds recent Go victory can also be attributed to DL although the triumphant algorithm AlphaGo isnt a pure neural net, but a hybrid, melding deep reinforcement learning with one of the foundational techniques of classical…
- Deep learning is an ample approach to tackling computational problems that are too complicated to solve for simple algorithms, such as image classification or natural language processing.
- It is quite possible that a large portion of the industries that currently leverage machine learning hold further unexploited potential for deep learning and DL-based approaches can trump current best practices in many of them.
- We are pretty sure that deep learning is going to be the next big leapfrog ahead in the field of personalization as well.
@ipfconline1: #DeepLearning Personalization of Internet Is Next Big Leaphttps://t.co/pe1OBF6Z1L v/ @AIWorldExpo… https://t.co/8OA3tJynVa
Top Big Data Courses
The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop - Tame your Big Data! (31,889 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Design distributed systems that manage "big data" using Hadoop and related technologies.
- Use HDFS and MapReduce for storing and analyzing data at scale.
- Use Pig and Spark to create scripts to process data on a Hadoop cluster in more complex ways.
- Analyze relational data using Hive and MySQL
- Analyze non-relational data using HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB
- Query data interactively with Drill, Phoenix, and Presto
- Choose an appropriate data storage technology for your application
- Understand how Hadoop clusters are managed by YARN, Tez, Mesos, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hue, and Oozie.
- Publish data to your Hadoop cluster using Kafka, Sqoop, and Flume
- Consume streaming data using Spark Streaming, Flink, and Storm
Taming Big Data with MapReduce and Hadoop - Hands On! (13,894 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Understand how MapReduce can be used to analyze big data sets
- Write your own MapReduce jobs using Python and MRJob
- Run MapReduce jobs on Hadoop clusters using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Chain MapReduce jobs together to analyze more complex problems
- Analyze social network data using MapReduce
- Analyze movie ratings data using MapReduce and produce movie recommendations with it.
- Understand other Hadoop-based technologies, including Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Understand what Hadoop is for, and how it works