BigData News Saturday, March 10 Data science, Favorite data science, Control. video equipment & more…
BigData News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Favorite Data Science and Machine Learning Blogs, Podcasts and Newsletters
- Over 16,000 data professionals were asked to indicate their favorite data science blogs, podcasts and newsletters. The top two favorite blogs were KDNuggets and R Bloggers. The top two podcasts were Becoming a Data Scientist and The Data Skeptic. The top two newsletters were O’Reilly Data and Data Elixir.
- data science, favorite data science, data professionals, data science blogs, machine learning
- Key Questions You Should Ask Your Industrial Video Provider
- Key Questions You Should Ask Your Industrial Video Provider | Connecting the SMARTS!
- control. Video equipment, video solution vendors, industrial video software, IP-based video systems, video management software
- Microsoft’s Cortana speaker will go the way of the Zune
- The what, you say? Exactly!
- Zune | Computerworld, Original URL, Cortana speaker, ,
- Over 16,000 data professionals were asked to indicate their favorite data science blogs, podcasts and newsletters.
- In an earlier analysis of different platforms and resources for learning data science, I found that around 29% of data professionals rely on blogs, 7% rely on podcasts and 7% rely on newsletters.
- In this post, we will identify data professionals favorite blogs, podcasts and newsletters.
- I used data from theKaggle 2017 State of Data Science and Machine Learningsurvey of over 16,000 data professionals (survey data collected in August 2017).
- The top 10 favorite data science blogs, podcasts and newsletters of data professionals are: – – There were many resources available to learn about data science, machine learning and AI.
- Frequently, video solutions intended for industrial use are purchased by the organizations security department.
- Treating the video system as part of the SCADA system rather than the security system helps to clearly delineate videos use, purpose, form factor, and control.
- Examples of where these types of systems are now in use include: – – This article was written byPaul Vanslette, Chief Technology Officer atIndustrial Video & Control.
- Paul is responsible for planning and leading the initiative to design, develop, and implement industrial video software solutions for manufacturing, SCADA, and security applications that provide a sustained competitive advantage.
- IVC delivers a broad range of quality IP-based video systems to industrial, commercial and military applications.
Top Big Data Courses
The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop - Tame your Big Data! (31,889 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Design distributed systems that manage "big data" using Hadoop and related technologies.
- Use HDFS and MapReduce for storing and analyzing data at scale.
- Use Pig and Spark to create scripts to process data on a Hadoop cluster in more complex ways.
- Analyze relational data using Hive and MySQL
- Analyze non-relational data using HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB
- Query data interactively with Drill, Phoenix, and Presto
- Choose an appropriate data storage technology for your application
- Understand how Hadoop clusters are managed by YARN, Tez, Mesos, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hue, and Oozie.
- Publish data to your Hadoop cluster using Kafka, Sqoop, and Flume
- Consume streaming data using Spark Streaming, Flink, and Storm
Taming Big Data with MapReduce and Hadoop - Hands On! (13,894 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Understand how MapReduce can be used to analyze big data sets
- Write your own MapReduce jobs using Python and MRJob
- Run MapReduce jobs on Hadoop clusters using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Chain MapReduce jobs together to analyze more complex problems
- Analyze social network data using MapReduce
- Analyze movie ratings data using MapReduce and produce movie recommendations with it.
- Understand other Hadoop-based technologies, including Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Understand what Hadoop is for, and how it works