BigData News Tuesday, February 13
BigData News TLDR / Table of Contents
- DeepMind’s latest AI transfers its learning to new tasks
- By using insights from one job to help it do another, a successful new artificial intelligence hints at a more versatile future for machine learning.
- small tech firms, AI, new AI, new artificial intelligence, artificial intelligence hints
- 10 Big Financial Technology Trends for 2018
- 2018 promises to be the year banking sees the culmination of some key technologies — from blockchain and intelligent AI to design thinking and the Cloud.
- credit unions, financial services industry, financial institutions, UX design technologies, new data requirements
- 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science
- Spring. Rejuvenation. Rebirth. Everything’s blooming. And, of course, people want free ebooks. With that in mind, here’s a list of 10 free machine learning and data science titles to get your spring reading started right.
- algorithmic paradigms, data science ebooks, important algorithmic paradigms, bigger picture titles, fastest growing areas
- upload original content, YouTube, , ,
- Google wants your e-mails to be a window to the web – – – – – Your Gmail inbox is about to get weird.
- As part of an update to its Accelerated Mobile Pages project, Googlewillserve up content from the internet inside e-mails to provide always-up-to-date information.Backstory: The AMP project was designed to make… Read more – – – – – – Your Gmail inbox is about to get weird.
- As part of an update to its Accelerated Mobile Pages project, Googlewillserve up content from the internet inside e-mails to provide always-up-to-date information.
- Backstory: The AMP project was designed to make web pages load faster, so you could click through from search results to content almost instantly.
- E-mail plus plus:Developersare going to be playing around with AMP widgets for Gmail messages.
- Experiences with non-banking industries such as retail and communications have shaped consumers expectations from banks and credit unions.
- With the entire banking industry shifting to digital channels,digital-only players will pose more and more challenges to the historical dominance oftraditional banks and credit unions.
- Capgemini says that the 2008 financial crisis left banks and credit unions at a disadvantage with credit challenged consumers.
- According to Capgeminis report, these non-traditional lenders use technology-based algorithms and software integrations to assess credit profiles of customers and are also leveraging alternative data such as social media photos and check-ins, GPS data, e-commerce and online purchases, mobile data, and bill payments.
- Banks and credit unions will feel the push to create more cloud-enabled business models in 2018, while the use of open APIs will drive consumer applications to the cloud even more.
- With that in mind, here’s a list of 10 free machine learning and data science titles to get your spring reading started right.
- What better way to enjoy this spring weather than with some free machine learning and data science ebooks?
- The book provides a theoretical account of the fundamentals underlying machine learning and the mathematical derivations that transform these principles into practical algorithms.
- The Elements of Statistical Learning – – By Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani and Jerome Friedman – – This book descibes the important ideas in these areas in a common conceptual framework.
- The textbook is laid out as a series of small steps that build on each other until, by the time you complete the book, you have laid the foundation for understanding data mining techniques.
Top Big Data Courses
The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop - Tame your Big Data! (31,889 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Design distributed systems that manage "big data" using Hadoop and related technologies.
- Use HDFS and MapReduce for storing and analyzing data at scale.
- Use Pig and Spark to create scripts to process data on a Hadoop cluster in more complex ways.
- Analyze relational data using Hive and MySQL
- Analyze non-relational data using HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB
- Query data interactively with Drill, Phoenix, and Presto
- Choose an appropriate data storage technology for your application
- Understand how Hadoop clusters are managed by YARN, Tez, Mesos, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hue, and Oozie.
- Publish data to your Hadoop cluster using Kafka, Sqoop, and Flume
- Consume streaming data using Spark Streaming, Flink, and Storm
Taming Big Data with MapReduce and Hadoop - Hands On! (13,894 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Understand how MapReduce can be used to analyze big data sets
- Write your own MapReduce jobs using Python and MRJob
- Run MapReduce jobs on Hadoop clusters using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Chain MapReduce jobs together to analyze more complex problems
- Analyze social network data using MapReduce
- Analyze movie ratings data using MapReduce and produce movie recommendations with it.
- Understand other Hadoop-based technologies, including Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Understand what Hadoop is for, and how it works