BigData News Sunday, February 11
BigData News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Why is it so hard to train data scientists?
- Some time ago I met a colleague who expressed her disappointment from two data scientists that she hired. These were the first employees with a data science de…
- data scientist, complete data scientist, data scientists, data science, true computing genius
- U.S. Probes Apple Over Updates That Slow Older iPhones
- Apple Inc. said it’s responding to government probes into a software update that slowed the performance of older iPhones.
- software update, older iPhones, Apple, iPhone software update, individual iPhone users
- LinkedIn Data Reveals the Most Promising Jobs and In-Demand Skills of 2018
- As we enter 2018 it’s become clear that the jobs landscape in the United States is changing. How people are thinking about their careers and how they define success is changing. The rise of technology across every industry has created a flurry of new jobs and associated skills (and these…
- career advancement score, job openings, Median Base Salary, yoy growth,
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Search Engines | Multilingual Search Engine Optimization
- We discuss about how popular search engines will evolve in the artificial intelligence (AI)process and the future of search engines. Enjoy!
- artificial intelligence, search engines, new brain cells, deep learning, search engine
- Why sidewalk delivery robots still need safety drivers
- Small, wheeled drones are delivering packages in some cities—but, like driverless cars, they need a helping hand a lot of the time.
- Wall Street Journal, Uber Advanced Technologies, Uber CEO Dara, report claims Amazon, driverless cars
- Duration, ngAtlanta, views, Angular vs React.js, Smart Angular Elements
- How Long Do We Have to Wait for the Internet of Things 4.0?
- IoT 1.0 and IoT 2.0 provide the foundational layer, IoT 3.0 is the bridge from things to humans and IoT 4.0 will be the social IoT.
- artificial intelligence, continuously improvement Datafloq, one-stop source, big data, machine lea
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 04:13:16 +0000 2018
Author: Lior Shamir
- In other words, a complete data scientist should have knowledge in computer science at the level of a trained computer scientist.
- The data scientist needs to have knowledge in statistics at a level close to the knowledge of the statistician.
- In addition to statistics and computer science, a data scientist should also have knowledge in business administration.
- The combination of knowledge in computer science, statistics, business administration, and applied technology is very difficult to train to the deep level required from a data scientist, certainly in an undergraduate program.
- Therefore, complete data scientists is a rare species, and most of those who identify themselves as data scientists should be selected carefully to a job that meets their skillset and knowledge.
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 15:00:00 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-30T18:02:27.376000+00:00
Author: Tom Schoenberg
- Apple Inc. said it’s responding to government probes into a software update that slowed the performance of older iPhones.The U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission are investigating whether Apple violated securities laws concerning its disclosures about a software update that slowed some handsets, people familiar with…
- In December, Apple apologized for not clearly communicating this information and vowed to release another update to mitigate the concern.Earlier in January, Apple Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook told ABC News that when the company put out the software update that caused the performance issues for older iPhones “we did…
- “Even if Apple’s actions were indeed only intended to avoid unexpected shutdowns in older phones, the large volume of consumer criticism leveled against the company in light of its admission suggests that there should have been better transparency with respect to these practices,” Thune wrote in a January letter to…
- Apple has been wrestling with some other software-related issues, including processor vulnerabilities that have affected other technology companies and a login flaw that allows intruders to access files on Mac computers without a passcode.Apple is delaying some key iPhone and Mac software features planned for release this year to focus…
- In 2010 the department settled with the iPhone maker regarding anti-poaching agreements between the company and other major technology firms such as Alphabet Inc.’s Google.In 2016, the Justice Department investigated, and then dropped a lawsuit against Apple seeking data from an iPhone connected to a mass shooting in San Bernardino,…
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 20:00:07 +0000 2018
Author: Rachel Bowley
- While we all may take a different approach to reach our own definition of success, we’ve compiled a list of the most promising jobs and in-demand skills, plus a few stand-out trends, to help you get there.
- Despite the prominence of technical jobs and skills, soft skills like management, leadership, and strategy are equally as important.
- Year-over-year technology jobs and skills have dominated these lists, and that’s a trend that’s likely here to stay.
- This list highlights the jobs with high median salaries, strong job openings and year-over-year growth, and the jobs most likely to lead to a promotion or advancement within an organization, as well as the top 5 skills associated with each.
- Then we looked at all of the hiring and recruiting activity that happened on LinkedIn between Jan. 1 and Sept. 1, equaling billions of data points, and identified the skill categories that belonged to members who were more likely to start a new role within a company and receive interest…
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 20:20:17 +0000 2018
- This includes the internet as AI in search engine technology has been around for a few years.
- How Popular Search Engines Will Evolve in the AI Process – – Currently, Google’s RankBrain, an AI process used help set search engine rankings, is having a major impact which is only expected to expand.
- However, one potential drawback in the future is that the AI in search engine query use will be so strong that users who are looking for something that they never have before might find it more difficult to find the information they need.
- How AI will Change Search Engines in the Future – – For users, the advancement of artificial intelligence means that finding what you need should be easier, especially if you have a history of looking for such information before.
- I have explained more about these techniques which I am using for my clients websites in my new book (The next big technological break) – – I see many people who loudly assert very definite, very strongly held opinions about Artificial Intelligence (AI), often on the basis of flimsy evidence….
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 20:01:03 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-30T09:55:46+00:00
Author: Jamie Condliffe
- Waymo and Uber have reached a settlement in their trade secrets a four-day trial, lawyers representing Uber and Waymo say they have suddenly come to a settlement in their suit over the theft of autonomous-car technology.What happened: The Verge reports that Waymo attorneys announced the settlement in… Read a four-day trial, lawyers representing…
- What Waymo says: “We have reached an agreement with Uber that we believe will protect Waymo’s intellectual property now and into the future.
- This includes an agreement to ensure that any Waymo confidential information is not being incorporated in Uber Advanced Technologies Group hardware and software.”
- But it’s equity, not cash: Waymo now owns a (small) slice of Uber.
- Uber denies wrongdoing: In a statement, Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi said he doesn’t believe any trade secrets ever made their way from Waymo to Uber, adding, “Nor do we believe that Uber has used any of Waymo’s proprietary information in its self-driving technology.”
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 20:00:00 +0000 2018
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 13:30:11 +0000 2018
Top Big Data Courses
The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop - Tame your Big Data! (31,889 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Design distributed systems that manage "big data" using Hadoop and related technologies.
- Use HDFS and MapReduce for storing and analyzing data at scale.
- Use Pig and Spark to create scripts to process data on a Hadoop cluster in more complex ways.
- Analyze relational data using Hive and MySQL
- Analyze non-relational data using HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB
- Query data interactively with Drill, Phoenix, and Presto
- Choose an appropriate data storage technology for your application
- Understand how Hadoop clusters are managed by YARN, Tez, Mesos, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hue, and Oozie.
- Publish data to your Hadoop cluster using Kafka, Sqoop, and Flume
- Consume streaming data using Spark Streaming, Flink, and Storm
Taming Big Data with MapReduce and Hadoop - Hands On! (13,894 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Understand how MapReduce can be used to analyze big data sets
- Write your own MapReduce jobs using Python and MRJob
- Run MapReduce jobs on Hadoop clusters using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Chain MapReduce jobs together to analyze more complex problems
- Analyze social network data using MapReduce
- Analyze movie ratings data using MapReduce and produce movie recommendations with it.
- Understand other Hadoop-based technologies, including Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Understand what Hadoop is for, and how it works