BigData News Monday, February 5 PM
BigData News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Becoming a Data Scientist – Curriculum via Metromap –
- Becoming a data scientist a journey; for sure a challenging one. But how do you go about becoming one? Where to start? When do you start seeing light at the end of the tunnel? What is the learning roadmap? What tools and techniques do I need to know? How will…
- data scientist, data science, data scientist overnight, Big Data Analytics, data scientist journey
- How machine learning is changing the financial industry
- A lot of talks, innovation, news and information about Machine learning has been prevalent in the mainstream media for quite a long time. We see new machine learning algorithms being devised for tackling new sets of problems from time to time.
- machine learning, advanced learning algorithms, risk assessment, machine learning algorithms, simple learning algorithms
- ZhongAn turns to big data and AI to shape future of car insurance
- car insurance, big data, car insurance industry,
- Gentle Introduction to Vector Norms in Machine Learning
- Calculating the length or magnitude of vectors is often required either directly as a regularization method in machine learning, or as part of broader vector or matrix operations.
- vector, norm, vector norm, L2 norm, L1 norm
- We can’t find the page you requested because the URL is either misspelled or it’s a very old URL that is no longer supported (we’re talking pre-2011, when the dinosaurs roamed the earth).
- Evaluate Interoperability, IoT,
- is the hub for Machine Learning news. It presents technical information about new technologies like Deep Learning, unsupervised learning and artificial intelligence. Users can also find new about upcoming scientific developments and applications of Machine Learning.
- A year ago, I was a numbers geek with no coding background. After trying an online programming course, I was so inspired that I enrolled in…
- machine learning, artificial intelligence, Machine Learning Daily, deep learning, Machine Learning news
Tweeted At: Sat Feb 03 13:28:28 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2013-07-08T15:20:59+00:00
Author: Swami Chandrasekaran
- So here is my modest attempt at creating a curriculum, a learning plan that one can use in this becoming a data scientist journey.
- I organized the overall plan progressively into the following areas / domains, – – Each area / domain is represented as a “metro line”, with the stations depicting the topics you must learn / master / understand in a progressive fashion.
- The idea is you pick a line, catch a train and go thru all the stations (topics) till you reach the final destination (or) switch to the next line.
- You can use this as an individual learning plan to identify the areas you most want to develop and the acquire skills.
- PS: I did not want to impose the use of any commercial tools in this plan.
Tweeted At: Tue Jan 30 14:30:07 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-12-21T08:34:06+00:00
- Many mind intensive and energy consuming tasks are being replaced by simple learning algorithms of Machine learning; thus making them more accurate, faster and efficient.
- Here are some of the ways how machine learning is having a significant impact on finance: – – Whenever a customer wants to get a loan or a specific type of insurance from a bank, there is usually a specific set of procedures followed to determine the risk involved and…
- Instead, machine learning algorithms are designed to allow computers to have access to the multitude of data points related to: macro and micro-economic trends, housing market, interest rates, trends in the geographical area where the loan is originating and the demographics of the customer.
- Machine learning algorithms implemented in these financial institutions benefit from huge databases and form patterns of the processes.
- Another application of machine learning algorithms is quick arbitrage opportunities; where machines can look for prices of one product which vary from one geographical area to another and benefit from this price difference.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 02:14:35 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-05T08:03:12+00:00
Author: Laura He
- Big data and artificial intelligence are at the heart of a platform announced last week by ZhongAn Online Casualty and Property Insurance, China’s first internet-only insurer.
- So the car insurance industry must change as well,” Wang Yu, head of car insurance at ZhongAn, said in an interview with the South China Morning Post.
- The platform will help ZhongAn boost its car insurance revenues and increase its share in China’s increasingly competitive car insurance market, which was worth US$112 billion in 2017.
- For example, when customers use the platform to buy car insurance policies, the system can discover which steps users hesitate at the most, which could imply “inconvenience of online shopping” or potential problems.
- So the car insurance industry must change as well – Wang Yu, head of car insurance at ZhongAn – “We have broken the online purchase process into 45 parts, and monitor and analyse data flows from each part.
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 04 18:12:05 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-05T05:00:53+00:00
Author: Jason Brownlee
- In this tutorial, you will discover the different ways to calculate vector lengths or magnitudes, called the vector norm.
- The length of a vector can be calculated using the L1 norm, where the 1 is a superscript of the L, e.g. L^1.
- The length of a vector can be calculated using the L2 norm, where the 2 is a superscript of the L, e.g. L^2.
- The L2 norm calculates the distance of the vector coordinate from the origin of the vector space.
- In this tutorial, you discovered the different ways to calculate vector lengths or magnitudes, called the vector norm.
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 04 17:51:25 +0000 2018
Top Big Data Courses
The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop - Tame your Big Data! (31,889 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Design distributed systems that manage "big data" using Hadoop and related technologies.
- Use HDFS and MapReduce for storing and analyzing data at scale.
- Use Pig and Spark to create scripts to process data on a Hadoop cluster in more complex ways.
- Analyze relational data using Hive and MySQL
- Analyze non-relational data using HBase, Cassandra, and MongoDB
- Query data interactively with Drill, Phoenix, and Presto
- Choose an appropriate data storage technology for your application
- Understand how Hadoop clusters are managed by YARN, Tez, Mesos, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hue, and Oozie.
- Publish data to your Hadoop cluster using Kafka, Sqoop, and Flume
- Consume streaming data using Spark Streaming, Flink, and Storm
Taming Big Data with MapReduce and Hadoop - Hands On! (13,894 students enrolled)By Sundog Education by Frank Kane
- Understand how MapReduce can be used to analyze big data sets
- Write your own MapReduce jobs using Python and MRJob
- Run MapReduce jobs on Hadoop clusters using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Chain MapReduce jobs together to analyze more complex problems
- Analyze social network data using MapReduce
- Analyze movie ratings data using MapReduce and produce movie recommendations with it.
- Understand other Hadoop-based technologies, including Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Understand what Hadoop is for, and how it works