Artificial Reality News Monday, February 12
Artificial Reality News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Lucyd Aims To Capture Budding Augmented Reality Market And Take It To The Next Level
- Do you remember the craze Pokémon Go sparked a year ago? Mobile games like this are the perfect example of how augmented reality (AR) applications enter our life. The speed of AR development in the…
- LCD token, LCD general sale, AR, low-profile form factor, prescription lens compatibility
- Does the Augmented Reality market have bigger potential than VR?
- When we take a look at the difference between AR and VR, the contrast is striking: VR blinds its user, while AR increases its visual capacity. “But there is something sinister about being digitally…
- Augmented Reality market, VR, divers mask-like contraption, mobile phones, new Steve Jobs
- Tapping virtual reality to treat addiction and autism | Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Researchers have been experimenting with virtual reality to treat a range of medical issues. Now, one of these pioneering researchers is bringing new technology into the real (and virtual) world to address addiction and behavioral health issues. Dr. Patrick Bordnick, dean and professor of the Tulane School of Social Work…
- Cross Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue, , ,
- GREAT NEWS FOR EVERYONE💥 – MARK.SPACE –
- Starting from January 23, it will be possible to send MRK tokens from your personal account to wherever you like! You no longer have to wait until the end of the tokensale, as was communicated…
- MRK tokens, personal account, exclusive options, ,
- 7 ways to start a VR café
- For nearly three decades, internet cafés have filled an important niche across the globe. Also known as cybercafés, these establishments have provided online access to travelers, and to persons who do not have internet services at home. Thanks to the astronomical growth of virtual reality technology, a new business model…
- VR, VR café, VR game room, VR games, VR content
- How Virtual Reality Can Drive Efficiency In The Oil & Gas Industry
- Virtual reality holds great promise for boosting safety compliance and saving costs in the oil and gas industry. Here are some examples.
- artificial intelligence, gas industry, technology, virtual view, first-time fix rates
- TweetReality – The first AR client for Twitter. Read the opinion of 23 influencers. Discover 10 alternatives like SketchAR and Facebook AR Studio
- augmented reality, augmented reality app, Augmented Reality experience, Oscar Falmer, augmented reality space
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 02:03:29 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-12T02:03:29.523000+00:00
- Lucyd Aims To Capture Budding Augmented Reality Market And Take It To The NextLevelHey guys!
- The speed of AR development in the next few years may become dizzying and research company Greenlight Insights forecasts that the AR market will reach around $36.4 billion by 2023.
- The project aims to develop innovative smart glasses that will feature advanced eye tracking, enhanced field of view, prescription lens compatibility, a low-profile form factor, and a customizable control schemefeatures currently missing in products available on the market.The LCD token was created to crowdfund the prototype development of Lucyd Lens,…
- Afterwards, the LCD token will be used as a currency within the AR world to buy smart glasses, apps, and media within the Lucyd network.This is the first ICO that already holds exclusive rights to 13 AR patents and a team that boasts seven PhD scientists in the field of…
- There are only 50 million LCD tokens available for sale, while the total supply is limited to 100 million.The team has raised over $3.5 million so far, with the ultimate fundraising goal set at $10 million.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 02:07:35 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-12T02:07:35.020000+00:00
- Does the Augmented Reality market have bigger potential thanVR?When we take a look at the difference between AR and VR, the contrast is striking: VR blinds its user, while AR increases its visual capacity.Yes, VR is more immersive, but which of the two forms will have a more widespread use?How…
- Like the first mobile phones, VR headsets resemble bricks, but now strapped to your face rather than then held in your hand.
- The iPhone revolution made mobile phones a fashion item.
- We need a new Steve Jobs to do so for headsets.
Tweeted At: Wed Feb 07 01:52:00 +0000 2018
- Dr. Patrick Bordnick, dean and professor of the Tulane School of Social Work in New Orleans has developed two smartphone-based virtual reality apps designed to help people overcome opioid use disorder and support people with autism.
- An award from the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA), in partnership with Not Impossible Labs, an organization that promotes low cost, high-tech solutions to problems faced by the worlds most vulnerable populations, will help Bordnick start treating patients using those apps.
- Adding another tool to the opioid addiction treatment toolbox – – The Faces of Fearless Healthcare Innovation award is another example of Blue Cross Blue Shields ongoing commitment to addressing the opioid crisis in communities across the U.S.
- Data also show BCBS members with an opioid use disorder diagnosis spiked by almost 5 times over a seven year period making this an issue that BCBS companies, as well as other insurers and healthcare organizations, must confront.
- Kim Holland, vice president of state affairs for BCBSA, explains that BCBS companies are helping families and communities across the country address opioid use disorder by forging partnerships with the medical community and promoting best practices in prescribing.
Tweeted At: Sun Jan 21 00:29:25 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-20T23:59:42.608000+00:00
- GREAT NEWS FOR EVERYONEStarting from January 23, it will be possible to send MRK tokens from your personal account to wherever you like!
- You no longer have to wait until the end of the tokensale, as was communicated earlier.We plan to launch part of the platforms functionality in February and within the same timeframe, it will be possible to use our tokens to purchase exclusive options.Were going strong, ahead of the Roadmap!To the…
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 13:12:25 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-11T18:25:56+00:00
Author: Dmytro Ternovyi
- Even if you offer other VR-related experiences to your customers, establishing your facility as a VR game room will ensure a steady stream of gamers throughout the day, along with a corresponding stream of gaming revenue.
- Disadvantage: Cost – As with all VR services that you might want to offer your customers, VR gaming requires more physical space than traditional Internet cafs.
- There are a handful of outsource development companies that offer top-notch custom VR development, including software for VR game rooms.
- Adding VR training facility to your cafs list of services can attract corporate clients, and all the VR trainees you can handle.
- Disadvantage: Hardware requirements – The primary disadvantage of offering your caf to companies for VR training is that you must have enough computers and headsets to accommodate a large group.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 09:35:02 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-08T19:00:16+00:00
Author: Jenn Vande
- 2017 was driven largely by three technologiesartificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchainand all three have gained traction.
- And like the Butterfly Effect, these technologies are well positioned to come together in many minuscule ways that will consequently drive broader value and perspective shiftsleading to true transformative changes.
- Similarly, with AI, we are beginning to see the emergence of assistive technology that works to augment human capabilities.
- Going a step beyond this, I also expect that we will see the creation of similar, more sustainable use cases of technology that will help humans evolve in their jobs and roles.
- What we are seeing is a linking of these technology elements to human capital, machine capital, and the business processes itself, making emerging tech an inextricable part of our industrial futures.