Microsoft, googlelens, ai, robotics & much more…
AI News Tuesday, June 26
- Microsoft matches Google Lens with AI-powered visual search for Bing
Microsoft, GoogleLens, AI
- This is how the robot uprising finally begins
- Artificial Intelligence: A Look Ahead at Its Impact on Sales & Marketing
- Here are the ways AI is helping to improve accessibility
AI, accessibility, inclusionmatters, AI4Good
- Will artificial intelligence bring a new renaissance?
- A $525 billion German banking behemoth wants to use robots to write its research reports
- Healthcare Innovation Drivers: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – Resources & Tips For Women
- Upcoming New Drone Laws In U.K. – DEEP AERO DRONES – Medium
DEEPAERO, AI, BLOCKCHAIN, DRONE, ICO
- Big Data and AI Are Making Life Insurance Better For Everyone – insideBIGDATA
- What is Big Data Analytics?
BigData, Analytics, AI, DataScience, MachineLearning, Business
- Microsoft has launched a new visual search function for Bing, which lets users snap a picture of something with their phone to search for it online.
- The new visual search is available in a range of apps, including the standalone Bing app on iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher on Android, Microsoft Edge on Android, and coming soon to Edge on iOS.
- The app will try to identify what it sees and, in the case of consumer goods, find places to buy them online.
- Sometimes, it is almost impossible to describe what you want to search for using words, said Microsofts product lead for Bing Images, Vince Leung, in a blog post.
- Visual search is quickly becoming a commodity product for big tech companies like Google and Microsoft, but the feature can sometimes be a let-down in real-life usage.
@stephatkins: #Microsoft matches #GoogleLens with #AI-powered visual search for Bing https://t.co/iRxQaBqCUt
- The AI software that controls Osaros robot lets it identify the objects in front of it, study how they behave when poked, pushed, and grasped, and then decide how to handle them.
- This could lead to advances that wouldnt be possible without all that data, says Pieter Abbeel, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, and the founder of Embodied Intelligence, a startup applying machine learning and virtual reality to robotics in manufacturing.
- Walter built them to show how the connections between just a few neurons in the brain might result in relatively complex employee at Embodied Intelligence uses a virtual-reality rig to train a robot.
- The fields of robotics and AI began to go their own separate ways: AI retreated into the virtual, while robotics largely measured its progress in terms of novel mechanical designs and clever uses of machines with modest powers of reasoning.
- Osaro uses deep reinforcement learning, along with several other machine-learning techniques, to make industrial robots a lot cleverer.
@hgcomm: Combining #AI and #Robotics could transform manufacturing and warehousing— and take AI to the next level. https://t.co/zjc5TZaCVD
- Currently, expansion of artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the biggest technological events expected to provide breakthrough capabilities for B2B marketers and sales teams.
- So, two areas to keep in mind when considering how you can use AI as part of your marketing mix are: – – Regardless of the size of your business, it is important to remember that artificial intelligence is an enabler.
- Thinking about all of the changes occurring in B2B marketing and sales because of artificial intelligence can be daunting.
- However, for marketers, artificial intelligence should be about delivering a better customer experience at every point of interaction.
- Companies that become more customer-centric and strive to make customers lives simpler and easier by using artificial intelligence to provide a better customer experience will positively differentiate themselves from those that do not, or are slow to change.
@Ksenia_Newton: Artificial Intelligence: A Look Ahead at Its Impact on Sales & Marketing https://t.co/6pDoKyUE83 #ai
@victorpineda: Here are the ways #AI is helping to improve #accessibility https://t.co/xr3DjRVcPa #inclusionmatters #AI4Good… https://t.co/NDcpig30tj
@JimMarous: Will artificial intelligence bring a new renaissance?https://t.co/zhtuKokBlHHT @DeepLearn007#banking #fintech… https://t.co/ZJ1ol1do3O
@evankirstel: A $525 billion German #banking behemoth wants to use #robots to write its research reports https://t.co/jKSbbQq698… https://t.co/rGRYwAFX1V
Healthcare Innovation Drivers: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – Resources & Tips For Women
- The algorithms behind AI continue to develop and evolve, making it hard to settle on a single definition for AI Source – – AI and ML are often spoken about together as the technology behind many of todays healthcare innovations.
- Since 2011, just over 10% of all venture capital investment in digital health has gone toward AI/ML innovation Source – – In trying to characterize the potential impact of venture investment in AI/ML digital health, Rock Health categorized these investments by the value propositions offered by the companies.
- Nineteen categories reflect the breadth of AI/MLs potential impact on healthcare innovation Source – – The categories of AI/ML digital health companies receiving the most funding, listed by value proposition offered, are: – – In this article, well take a closer look at two of these: being a catalyst for…
- The press would have us believe the future of healthcare is filled with robots and algorithms taking over Source – – Even with all the remarkable things AI/ML can do, they cannot completely replace the contribution of people, including patients, caregivers, and providers, in healthcare innovation.
- Better testing and more proactive human oversight could have avoided the potentially life-threatening impacts Medicaid patients in Arkansas experienced as a result of the mistakes made in implementing and administering a healthcare algorithm.
@SlimLadyTea1: Healthcare Innovation Drivers: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – https://t.co/3OKrXJvQzt https://t.co/hsQ39kKTxr
- Upcoming New Drone Laws InU.K. – New drone rules are being introduced in U.K. thatll restrict all drones from flying above 400 feet and within 1 km of airport boundaries, and the changes will come into effect on July 30.
- The law will also be requiring the registration of drones weighing 250 grams or more with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), and these requirements will come into force on Nov.30, 2019.
- We welcome the clarity that todays announcements provides, as it leaves no doubt that anyone flying a drone must stay well away from aircraft, airports and airfields, says Chris Woodroofe, Chief Operating Officer of Londons Gatwick Airport.
- On the other hand, Drone bill will be published to provide police officers the powers to intervene if the drones are used inappropriately.
- The CAA supports the safe development of drones in the U.K., as they can bring many benefits, but to achieve those, we need everyone flying a drone now to do so safely.
@DeepAeroDrones: Upcoming New Drone Laws In U.K. Read More @ https://t.co/uKEJfJGFIK#DEEPAERO #AI #BLOCKCHAIN #DRONE #ICO https://t.co/xdM86EYggd
@IainLJBrown: Big Data and AI Are Making Life Insurance Better For EveryoneRead more here: https://t.co/rVeM2wjuvW#BigData… https://t.co/fEqb0W2ZGm
@ipfconline1: What Is #BigData #Analytics?https://t.co/zt5G1EM3Q4 v/ @ACCIONA#AI #DataScience #MachineLearning #Business… https://t.co/rW7YB94x6q