Google, ai, research, edtech & much more…
AI News Wednesday, June 20
- Google’s A.I. tools can predict death risks more accurately than hospitals
- Artificial intelligence will transform universities. Here’s how
AI, Research, Edtech
- IBM builds Artificial Intelligence machine that can debate with humans
- What it’s like to watch an IBM AI successfully debate humans
- Out with the Gold: The Big Data, AI Mining Revolution
- How to get started with predictive analytics
PredictiveAnalytics, BigData, DataScience, AI, MachineLearning
- KIMERA ICO Review
KimeraAGI, AI, ICO, Blockchain
AI, healthcare, ehealth
- Googles Medical Brain team has begun training its artificial intelligence system to evaluate the risk of death among hospital patients, and results for the time being are more accurate than those provided by existing medical tools.
- In one major case study, Google used its A.I. to evaluate a patient with breast cancer.
- In general, prior work has focused on a subset of features available in the EHR, rather than on all data available in an EHR, which includes clinical free-text notes, as well as large amounts of structured and semi-structured data, Googles paper reads.
- In total, Google has analyzed 216,221 hospitalizations and 114,003 patients, which comes to more than 46 billion data points from all EHRs.
- Googles ability to efficiently and accurately parse through stacks and stacks of data could be a real boon to hospitals, ultimately resulting in improved patient care.
@satymohanty: #Google wants to work on #AI tools that can predict not only death risk, but also symptoms and diseases. https://t.co/MGzZrxD9Tq
@ipfconline1: How Artificial Intelligence Will Transform Universitieshttps://t.co/suLfZ0yRI8 [via @wef]#AI #Research #Edtech https://t.co/3plhF8cB04
- At an event held at International Business Machines Corp.s (IBM) Watson West site in San Francisco, a champion debater and IBMs AI system, Project Debater, began by preparing arguments for and against the statement: We should subsidize space exploration.
- An AI system engaged with an expert human debater, listened to her argument, and responded convincingly with its own, unscripted reasoning to persuade an audience to consider its position on a controversial topic, said Arvind Krishna, director at IBM Research, in an 18 June blog.
- IBM later held a second debate between the system and another Israeli expert debater, Dan Zafrir, that featured opposing arguments on the statement: We should increase the use of telemedicine.
- Project Debaters underlying technologies will also be commercialized in IBM Cloud and IBM Watson in the future.
- Project Debater has been taught to understand the nuances of language and decide the stance of an argument given the topic.
@stpiindia: IBM’s #artificialintelligence machine now debates with humanshttps://t.co/I17zcdRBhN
- At a small event in San Francisco last night, IBM hosted two debate club-style discussions between two humans and an AI called Project Debater.
- When it gets a debate topic, it takes a couple of minutes to spelunk through them, decides what would make the best arguments in favor of the topic, and then creates a little speech describing those points.
- What Project Debater didnt do was directly engage the criteria set forth by its human opponent.
- IBMs system didnt make the value judgment, but it did provide a bunch of information to the bank showing both sides of a debate about the stock.
- In the second debate, about telemedicine, Project Debater once again had a difficult time parsing the exact nuance its human opponent was making about how important the human touch is in diagnosis.
@coastw: .@IBM Debater builds persuasive arguments, sometimes with humor https://t.co/E2Xu09X8L2 via @Verge @IBMResearch… https://t.co/rGsOMDBsL7
@stpiindia: Out with the Gold: The #BigData, #AI Mining Revolutionhttps://t.co/DNrWhdRiCq
@KirkDBorne: How to get started with #PredictiveAnalytics: https://t.co/1QxWmpHyCJ #BigData #DataScience #AI #MachineLearning https://t.co/5tPPepwEZz
@kimerasystems: ICOCreed Review = 4.5/5Checkout what they have to say at…https://t.co/x5qIJfVdTc#KimeraAGI #AI #ICO #Blockchain
@TechGenYZ: Impact of #machineLearning and #cloudComputinghttps://t.co/5kYkxeIgSo
@MBrainFR: China: #AI #healthcare services to grow to USD 930mn by 2022 https://t.co/Qzu7O7jj6t #ehealth
@RichardEudes: Understanding the ‘black box’ of artificial intelligence https://t.co/maU2ieoZH5 #artificialintelligence
Top AI Courses
Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI (44,056 students enrolled)By Hadelin de Ponteves
- Build an AI
- Understand the theory behind Artificial Intelligence
- Make a virtual Self Driving Car
- Make an AI to beat games
- Solve Real World Problems with AI
- Master the State of the Art AI models
- Deep Q-Learning
- Deep Convolutional Q-Learning
Advanced AI: Deep Reinforcement Learning in Python (10,029 students enrolled)By Lazy Programmer Inc.
- Build various deep learning agents
- Apply a variety of advanced reinforcement learning algorithms to any problem
- Q-Learning with Deep Neural Networks
- Policy Gradient Methods with Neural Networks
- Reinforcement Learning with RBF Networks
- Use Convolutional Neural Networks with Deep Q-Learning