Bigdata, findmecomics, ai, foss & much more…
AI News Thursday, June 14
- Capitalising on big data and analytics for improved operationsc
FindMeComics, AI, FOSS
- Will AI Board Members Run the Companies of the Future?
- Enhancing shareholder value, changing the way businesses operate and compete, and obtaining real-time insight into consumers, risks, profit, performance, and productivity management are all core elements of big data and analytics, a digital enterprise capability from Advisian, WorleyParsons global advisory business.
- Mohamed Madhi, Managing Director of Advisian SSA, says that the companys big data and analytics capability provides more certainty to clients than ever before by tapping into every possible source of data available.
- Madhi says that it will prove highly beneficial particularly to the power generation sector where data such as billing and usage information, and digital technology such as smart meters, allows better understanding of load patterns to optimise operations.
- As smart and connected equipment becomes the norm and new sensor-based features become available, adapting technology infrastructure becomes critical for success, and this is where big data and the associated analytics are key to providing a competitive advantage, says Madhi.
- Drawing on WorleyParsons global capabilities and resources, the big data and analytics capability was developed by Advisians global digital enterprise business line and offers large-scale data analysis to optimise future projects, and allows WorleyParsons to deliver and execute projects in a highly efficient way.
@IainLJBrown: Capitalising on big data and analytics for improved operationscRead more here: https://t.co/mK9cD4Pxz8#BigData… https://t.co/u9BhMUeYfd
- Finds restaurants/bars/and other locations via the Yelp API – – Finds restaurants/bars/and other locations via the Yelp API – – You will need to go to and create a app which will then give you a api token you will put into the home.mycroft.ai settings page for this skill.
- The zip code is not required, if you don’t put a zip code in it will use the location from the mycroft home settings.
- In order to get the text messages when you ask we need to setup IFTTT webhook.
- Follow This link to setup a Webhook.
- You will want to create a New Applet and select Webhook – – Here is what from the Mycroft CLI the response looks like currently, plans to have this come with all the info including the address and such as a text message using IFTTT webhooks.
@br1anhopkins: Dekstop client look of @mycroft_ai using my @Yelp skill #FindMeComics #AI #FOSS https://t.co/NjM7uNof69 https://t.co/3uIrV2eY3Q
- BRINK spoke with Mr. Van Rijmenam about how AI will reshape the boardrooms of the future.
- Mark van Rijmenam: Yes, especially because AI will be better able to understand the context of an environment of an organization.
- Mr. Van Rijmenam: AI will have difficulty making these kinds of decisions in the coming years.
- Mr. Van Rijmenam: There is a company in Hong Kong, which I think in early 2014 introduced an algorithm that takes into account many more data sources than us humans can and, based on that, makes a decision about whether or not the organization should invest in a certain company….
- Mr. Van Rijmenam: In the course of my research, Ive interviewed roughly 20 organizations who have built AI.
@VanRijmenam: Will #AI Board Members Run the Companies of the Future? https://t.co/BaKFGDt6UK
Top AI Courses
Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI (44,056 students enrolled)By Hadelin de Ponteves
- Build an AI
- Understand the theory behind Artificial Intelligence
- Make a virtual Self Driving Car
- Make an AI to beat games
- Solve Real World Problems with AI
- Master the State of the Art AI models
- Deep Q-Learning
- Deep Convolutional Q-Learning
Advanced AI: Deep Reinforcement Learning in Python (10,029 students enrolled)By Lazy Programmer Inc.
- Build various deep learning agents
- Apply a variety of advanced reinforcement learning algorithms to any problem
- Q-Learning with Deep Neural Networks
- Policy Gradient Methods with Neural Networks
- Reinforcement Learning with RBF Networks
- Use Convolutional Neural Networks with Deep Q-Learning