AI News Sunday, June 3
- Here’s IBM’s Blueprint for Winning the AI Race
- How Marketers Can Start Integrating AI in Their Work
- Scientists Are Teaching AI to do Household Chores
- IBM Watson, the company’s well-known AI system, is being used in industries like healthcare and financial services to augment the skills of professionals in those fields.
- The company has built a cloud computing business with nearly $20 billion of annual revenue, and its Watson AI system has been applied to a wide variety of industries and applications.
- For example, IBM offers a visual-recognition cloud service powered by Watson; this version of Watson is trained with images tagged with the objects they contain, and the result is a system that can identify objects in other images.
- IBM views Watson Health, a business unit aimed at applying Watson AI technology to the healthcare industry, as the company’s moonshot.
- IBM announced the acquisition of Promontory Financial Group in late 2016, betting that Watson could be useful churning through the mountain of regulations related to the financial services industry.
@stpiindia: Here’s IBM’s Blueprint for Winning the #AI Race https://t.co/rOzOD4XPwq
- To get started leveraging AI in your marketing efforts, its important to first confirm your policies regarding the handling of consumer data, transparency, and control.
- Be sure to choose a partner that has true AI, not simply rules-based decisioning, which is impossible to scale for the volume of data and combinations of interactions that marketers are managing today.
- AI is already being used in ad targeting and customer segmentation, but there are more possibilities in store such as: – – How to Put AI Into Practice – – There are three key areas of consideration to help you get started leveraging AI for marketing today: affirm your consumer…
- Make your data actionable: There are three pillars here to consider: – – Select the right AI partner: With the policies, data assets, and pipes in place, the stage is set for AI to make optimal decisions and drive real business performance.
- For best results and fastest time to real return on your investment, be sure to choose a partner that has true AI, not simply rules-based decisioning, which is impossible to scale for the volume of data and combinations of interactions that marketers are managing today.
@Digitl_Mrkting: RT SAPHybris: How Marketers Can Start Integrating #AI in Their Work: https://t.co/0z0KzOm58B harvardbiz
- Researchers from MITs Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) and the University of Toronto are teaching AI to do household chore using a Sims inspired virtual simulator.
- Advertisement – Continue Reading Below – – – To accomplish household tasks, researchers collected common verbal descriptions of household chores, then translated into robot friendly code.
- Not only did the virtual robot agents successfully make coffee, turn on the toaster and relax on the sofa, but researchers have created a database of household tasks described through natural language, which could help systems like Amazon’s Alexa to carry out more complex tasks.
- In the future, robot assistants might be able to learn and carry out complex multi-step tasks just by watching a human accomplish them.
- Advertisement – Continue Reading Below – – – You can imagine a setting where robots are assisting with chores at home and can eventually anticipate personalized wants and needs, or impending action, said PhD student Xavier Puig, lead author of the research.
@stpiindia: Scientists Are Teaching #AI to do Household Chores https://t.co/Azt49xpyvD