Deepaero, ai, blockchain, bigdata & much more…
AI News Monday, May 28
- The Drone Safety App Being Launched By SkyWatch – DEEP AERO DRONES – Medium
- Reducing the odds — how to prepare for the impact of big data
- Chinese president Xi calls for cooperation in big data – Tech News
- The Drone Safety App Being Launched BySkyWatch – SkyWatch launched the drone safety app with on-demand insurance, which is now available on App Store and Google Play for both business and recreational operators.
- The operators can get real-time hazard warnings based off of the drones telemetry.
- The app will be calculating a safety score for each flight that will be used to set an industry benchmark for operators.
- One of the features of SkyWatch is the ability to plan the flight areas more accurately, empowering the operators to avoid hazards in a flight area.
- Drone operators need a solution that caters to their needs, and our platform doesnt only offer insurance or safety but marks a new era in drone insurance, where safer pilots can be rewarded for their efforts to fly safe and actually pay less on their insurance premiums, says Tomer Kashi,…
@DeepAeroDrones: The Drone Safety App Being Launched By SkyWatch. See More @ https://t.co/7aGkp6jjpo#DEEPAERO #AI #BLOCKCHAIN… https://t.co/YDltuJRmqv
- The ultimate goal of the set of technologies collectively referred to as big data is to provide the means to improve the accuracy of the decisions and to decrease the latency of making them.
- Before the advent of big data, analysts relied on sampling from a population and, depending on the size of the samples, were able to come up with some conclusion bound with some level of uncertainty.
- At the base of the big data stack is the physical layer the very large cluster of racks in data centres operated by numerous cloud service providers (CSP) accessible via broad network access.
- Aside from analytics, the big attribute of big data also has meaning in information technology: above a certain threshold in terms of size (tera, petabytes and beyond) data sets cannot be handled with traditional data storage technologies.
- From the perspective of a new or prospective big data user, the good news is that there is no need to become an expert in HDFS technology to take advantage of the power of big data.
@IainLJBrown: Reducing the odds — how to prepare for the impact of big dataRead more here: https://t.co/Zvpa7iHfXk#BigData… https://t.co/OXi9b3rlpW
- President Xi Jinping said China attaches great importance to the big data industry, and the rapid development of new-generation information technologies had a significant and far-reaching impact on social and economic development, state governance and people’s lives.
- China is implementing a national big data strategy centered on building the country’s strength in cyberspace and nurturing a digital China and smart society, which will aid the transition of the country’s economy from high-speed growth to high-quality development, Xi said.
- Chen Zhaoxiong, vice-minister of industry and information technology, said China will account for about 20% of global data by 2020, placing a sound foundation for the nation to adopt cutting-edge applications.
- Boasting about 40% of disclosed big data patents in the world, China has already made significant progress in bolstering the big data industry, with a string of big data platforms established in sectors such as manufacturing, commerce, finance, transportation and medical care, Chen said.
- As part of its broader push to drive the digital economy forward, China will boost the application of emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence and blockchain cryptography, expand cooperation with other countries as well as press ahead for a string of new rules on data security, Lin said.
@IainLJBrown: Chinese president Xi calls for cooperation in big dataRead more here: https://t.co/LjFbZrwP4T#BigData… https://t.co/s5oyLWYePF