Deepaero, ai, artificialintelligence, ethealthworld & much more…
AI News Thursday, May 24
- Drones Being Tested For Search & Rescue Purposes In South Wales
- AI Ethics – Could the UK become a leader of ethical AI?
- Survey Shows Healthcare Believes in AI
- How artificial intelligence can help transform Indian healthcare – ET HealthWorld
- Forbes Welcome
- Drones Being Tested For Search Rescue Purposes In SouthWales – Drones are being tested in South Wales for the purpose of search and rescue.
- UAVs are best in providing the birds eye view and offer vital data that could help in search and rescue.
- Its too early to comment on how we will move forward from the trials, but one thing we all agree on is that drones cannot replace helicopters, coastguard rescue teams or lifeboats, says Phil Hanson, Aviation Technical Assurance Manager at MCA.
- So far drones have been deployed in the aftermath of Hurricane and also saved lives of the people who got helpless in the flooded James River.
- The RNLI has a proud history of embracing new technology from cork lifejackets in the 1800s to the design and build of our waterjet-propelled Shannon class lifeboat, and its amazing to explore the potential use of drones in search and rescue activity, says Hannah Nobs from Royal National Lifeboat Institution….
@DeepAeroDrones: Drones Being Tested For Search & Rescue Purposes In South Wales. See More @ https://t.co/UyKLLzoe7t#DEEPAERO #AI… https://t.co/MHomwAxZA5
- Businesses that genuinely want to do good and be trustworthy will need to pay much more attention toethics – The collapse of Cambridge Analytica over data harvesting on social networks, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation, now in force at the end of May, are bringing these issues…
- As recent scandals serve to underline, if innovation is to be remotely sustainable in the future, we need to carefully consider the ethical implications of transformative technologies like data science and AI, says Josh Cowls, research assistant in data ethics at the Alan Turing Institute.
- The UK could take the lead on AIethics – The UK is in a strong position to take the lead in ethics for AI with calls from prime minister Theresa May for a new Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation.
- Writing a Magna Carta forAI – Of all the things prime minister Theresa May could have talked about at the World Economic Forums annual C-suite fest earlier this year she chose to focus on artificial intelligence (AI), saying she wants the UK to be a world leader in its shaping…
- The committees inquiry and move to establish a data ethics centre have already had an impact, putting ethics at the core of the UKs policy-thinking about AI.
@stpiindia: The ethics of #AI: how to hold machines accountablehttps://t.co/hwLMhk32kH
- More than half (51 percent) of healthcare organizations say that machine learning-enabled processes have helped to reduce costs to service products after sales by at least 50 percent.
- Almost all healthcare respondents (93 percent) strongly agree or agree that machine learning-enabled processes help achieve previously hidden or unobtainable value and 86 percent believe these processes are finding solutions to previously unsolved business problems (see Figure 3).
- Process change: Reimagining processes from scratch – – Forty-two percent of health organizations are reimagining processes by: – – – Applying AI to process change management – – Rethinking standardized processes as continuously adaptive – – Bringing AI-based change to multiple processes across the enterprise – – – – Health…
- They are: – – – Using data to train and sustain process change – – Making processes self-adapting and self-optimizing – – Discovering new patterns of opportunity – – – – Healthcare respondents reported experiencing a variety of benefits from using machine learning-enabled processes, including cost savings across several processes…
- Forty-two percent are transforming the human-machine relationship by focusing on: – – – Enlisting the C-Suite to remake the culture with AI – – Helping employees keep pace – – Emphasizing distinctively human capabilities when hiring – – Making sure that algorithmic decisions are ethical, fair, safe and auditable -…
@AccentureHealth: See the stats: Healthcare’s ranking among industries using #AI will surprise you. https://t.co/eSMldHHNOf https://t.co/xcoMhsgevm
@Omkar_Raii: How #artificialintelligence can help transform Indian healthcare #ETHealthworld https://t.co/dvfXUfkgHx
@ipfconline1: How #Fintech Is Targeting Millennials Using #AI And #MachineLearninghttps://t.co/yjVAw81kb7 by @Forbes_Agency v/… https://t.co/PMDX14pleo