AI News Wednesday, April 4 Fastest drone wins, Chicago drone racers, Nevada uas test & more…
AI News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Drone Racing To Be Seen In Naperville – DEEP AERO DRONES –
- An indoor drone racing track for quadcopter pilots to race is picking up speed in Naperville. Glenn Luckinbill, CEO Swarm Robotix, foresee drones racing through a variety of geometric-shaped…
- fastest drone wins, Chicago Drone Racers, indoor drone, CEO Swarm Robotix, fastest growing eSports
- NIAS, NASA UTM Completes TCL3 Testing – DEEP AERO DRONES –
- The Nevada Institute for Autonomous Systems (NIAS), in partnership with NASA UTM, conducted multiple drone tests at the Nevada UAS test site at the Reno-Stead Airport. The technology capability level…
- Nevada UAS test, UAS ground control, airspace management technologies, National Airspace Systems, multiple drone tests
- Drones Used As Part Of Rescue For First Time In Ozarks
- The emergence of drone technology has so far helped police department in safe and secure rescue operations. But to operate drone in the night skies, the operator need to have clearance through the…
- drone, drone technology, pilot Tom Baird, secure rescue operations, police department
- Drone Racing To Be Seen In NapervilleAn indoor drone racing track for quadcopter pilots to race is picking up speed in Naperville.
- Glenn Luckinbill, CEO Swarm Robotix, foresee drones racing through a variety of geometric-shaped obstacles lit by different fluorescent colours.
- Drone racing has become one of the fastest growing eSports in the last decade, said Luckinbill.
- A race typically involves eight quadcopters flying at one time through a designated course and the fastest drone wins, said Brain West, Head of Chicago Drone Racers.
- The popularity of drone racing has taken off and every year it gets bigger and bigger.
- NIAS, NASA UTM Completes TCL3TestingThe Nevada Institute for Autonomous Systems (NIAS), in partnership with NASA UTM, conducted multiple drone tests at the Nevada UAS test site at the Reno-Stead Airport.
- The technology capability level 3 (TCL 3) focused on airspace management technologies seeking to enable the safe integration of UAS into the National Airspace Systems.
- The research areas during the testing covered UAS ground control interfacing to locally manage operations, communication, navigation, surveillance, human factors, data exchange, network solutions and BVLOS architecture.
- The state of Nevada will be known for its significant contribution in this journey through its pioneering work with the FAA, NASA and private partners like ourselves, facilitating safe and effective integration into national airspace, says Mike Richards, President and CEO of Drone America.
- NASA, FAA and its partners, and NIAS are working on the innovations and the industry growth while respecting aviation safety traditions.
- Drones Used As Part Of Rescue For First Time InOzarksThe emergence of drone technology has so far helped police department in safe and secure rescue operations.
- The technology is getting to the point where most departments are able to afford lower end drones, said pilot Tom Baird.
- Lately, the drone helped rescuing a man way faster than waterways by boat or on foot.
- The drone equipped with 4K and infrared camera, see heat signatures whether that be from a vehicle or someone who may be lost, explained Baird.
- The cool factor and flying the drone and seeing the live stream and seeing beautiful pictures, thats all fabulous.
Top AI Courses
Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI (44,056 students enrolled)By Hadelin de Ponteves
- Build an AI
- Understand the theory behind Artificial Intelligence
- Make a virtual Self Driving Car
- Make an AI to beat games
- Solve Real World Problems with AI
- Master the State of the Art AI models
- Deep Q-Learning
- Deep Convolutional Q-Learning
Advanced AI: Deep Reinforcement Learning in Python (10,029 students enrolled)By Lazy Programmer Inc.
- Build various deep learning agents
- Apply a variety of advanced reinforcement learning algorithms to any problem
- Q-Learning with Deep Neural Networks
- Policy Gradient Methods with Neural Networks
- Reinforcement Learning with RBF Networks
- Use Convolutional Neural Networks with Deep Q-Learning