AI News Friday, February 9
AI News TLDR / Table of Contents
- The Banking Industry Sorely Underestimates Digital Disruption
- Digital technologies are rocking every corner of the banking industry. The speed and scope of disruption is happening at a pace that will catch most financial institutions completely off guard.
- Digital Banking Report, financial services, financial services organization, digital technologies, legacy banking organizations
- The Investor Using Venture Capital and Machine Learning to Cure Cancer
- Andreessen Horowitz’s Vijay Pande is betting that money plus computing power will equal medical breakthroughs.
- Andreessen Horowitz, Pande, Vijay Pande, firm Andreessen Horowitz, computer-powered medical startups
- 50 Best Digital Marketing Experts to Follow in 2018 (By Category)
- Click here to learn about 50 of the top digital marketing experts (broken into categories) that you should follow in 2018!
- digital marketing, social media, social media marketing, marketing experts, digital marketing experts
- The most significant AI trends for fintech in 2018
- bobsguide caught up with Gurjeet Singh, Co-founder and Executive Chairman of Ayasdi, to discuss how AI will go in 2018.
- AI, data, unsupervised machine learning, predictive AI, triple entry accounting
- Chatbots: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Chatbots are over fifty years old, but the technology is still evolving. In this chatbots infographic, we explore the history of AI.
- Management toolset, Help desk, Cloud edition, Professional services, free trial
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 16:37:00 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-28T20:20:26+00:00
Author: Jim Marous
- Many organizations associate being a ‘Digital Bank’ with the development and deployment of their mobile banking application.
- We have found in the ‘Innovation in Retail Banking 2017‘ report (available for free and immediate download) and the ‘2017 Financial Marketing Trends‘ report (also available for free and immediate download), that most of the digital investment in banking has been focused on sales, marketing and products, but has not…
- The more aggressively organizations respond to the digitization of the banking industry, the better the effect on projected revenue, customer/member growth and profit generation.
- When McKinsey studied the business strategies of successful digital organizations, they found that a great differentiated digital strategy, by itself, could have a dramatic impact on revenues and profits.
- The advantage of legacy banking organizations will be their customer insight, with the largest legacy banking organizations benefiting from more insight and more money to invest in digital.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 21:10:05 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-05T17:00:09.528000+00:00
Author: Sarah Mcbride
- Vijay Pande, a lifelong coder who holds a couple of degrees in physics, doesn’t seem like he’d be the guy to thwart death.But Pande, a general partner at the venture firm Andreessen Horowitz since 2015, is providing money muscle to computer-powered medical startups including BioAge Labs, which uses genomics data…
- One of Pande’s first investments, Freenome Inc., uses machine learning to help detect cancer in its earliest stages by reading signals sent by the immune system.
- “Andreessen Horowitz pioneered this,” says Freenome co-founder Gabriel Otte of the wave of investors funding biotech-machine-learning hybrids.
- Over the years, Pande has taught computer science, biophysics, chemistry, and biology at Stanford, where he still runs a lab.
- Within a year, Pande went to work full time at the firm, having realized he could accomplish more as an investor, fostering multiple companies.His belief in the impact that machine learning could have on medicine is met with skepticism by some investor colleagues.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 20:39:00 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-29T10:51:34+00:00
Author: Neil Kokemuller
- Each of the following stars is known for their breadth and depth of knowledge and talent across the digital arena (in no particular order and with Twitter profile links): – – Based in Australia, Jeff has a slew of digital marketing accomplishments, including the #1 Content Marketing Influencer, Social Media…
- CEO of Thulium Company and top 25 global influencer in many digital marketing categories, including: CMO, CIO, AI, AR, VR, IoT, BigData and MarTech.
- These are five of the best social media marketing experts to following in 2018: – – Brian Fanzo (@isocialfanz): Keynote speaker and specialist in social media marketing.
- Rebekah Radice (@RebekahRadice): Author, entrepreneur and founder of Radiant Media LA, a social media marketing and training firm.
- If you aren’t satisfied with learning about just 50 great experts across all categories digital marketing, the following is a bulleted list of other top influencers to pay attention to in 2018 that you can’t fit into a box (or at least a short list)!
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 20:19:15 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-29T09:22:00+00:00
Author: David Beach
- One side is around perception based problems – self driving cars and virtual assistants – these rely on data such as imaging and sensing the environment.Perception based problems present a different challenge to AI in that the data tends to be “over-complete”.
- Data used for perception based problems have redundant information.Perception based AI solutions have really come a long way, in part thanks to consumer technology companies such as Google; mainly because these are the problems that everyone faces – problems that humans evolved to solve.The second area in AI is non-perception…
- Using AI to make sense out of that data is the challenge.Most AI developments in perception and non-perception has been around systems that are predictive.
- Improving unsupervised machine learning will be the emphasis for 2018 as you simply cannot solve whole categories of data problems with predictive AI.In a financial services setting, unsupervised machine learning would make that initial discovery of customer risk groups, for instance.A second major development in AI is reinforcement learning.
- This is the idea that if you have an AI system doing a good job on complex data, you want to be able to audit to find out how it’s doing such a good job and the things it has learned, are worth learning ourselves.In the very early research around…
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 16:50:34 +0000 2018
Top AI Courses
Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI (44,056 students enrolled)By Hadelin de Ponteves
- Build an AI
- Understand the theory behind Artificial Intelligence
- Make a virtual Self Driving Car
- Make an AI to beat games
- Solve Real World Problems with AI
- Master the State of the Art AI models
- Deep Q-Learning
- Deep Convolutional Q-Learning
Advanced AI: Deep Reinforcement Learning in Python (10,029 students enrolled)By Lazy Programmer Inc.
- Build various deep learning agents
- Apply a variety of advanced reinforcement learning algorithms to any problem
- Q-Learning with Deep Neural Networks
- Policy Gradient Methods with Neural Networks
- Reinforcement Learning with RBF Networks
- Use Convolutional Neural Networks with Deep Q-Learning