AI News Monday, February 5 PM
AI News TLDR / Table of Contents
- A Tour of The Top 10 Algorithms for Machine Learning Newbies
- In machine learning, there’s something called the “No Free Lunch” theorem. In a nutshell, it states that no one algorithm works best for every problem, and it’s especially relevant for supervised…
- data, predictive modeling, linear regression, machine learning, algorithm
- Webinar – Bringing Machine Learning and Knowledge Graphs together
- In this PoolParty 6.2 release webinar, we will introduce you to the machine learning capabilities of the semantic software solution. Register Now!
- webinar Andreas Blumauer, semantic software solution, semantic knowledge graphs, semantically enriched information, semantic classifier
- China Just Showed Us the Most Human-Like Robots Yet
- Incredibly realistic human-like robots from China’s University of Science and Technology drew a huge amount of attention at the World Robot Conference in Beijing last week. The robots show how we’re swiftly approaching a day when robots may appear and act indistinguishably from humans.
- Jia Jia, World Robot Conference, super realistic robot, calligraphy painting robot, facial expressions
- upload original content, YouTube,
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 16:21:00 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-20T13:55:46.620000+00:00
Author: James Le
- As an analogy, if you need to clean your house, you might use a vacuum, a broom, or a mop, but you wouldnât bust out a shovel and start digging.The Big PrincipleHowever, there is a common principle that underlies all supervised machine learning algorithms for predictive modeling.Machine learning algorithms are…
- This is called predictive modeling or predictive analytics and our goal is to make the most accurate predictions possible.For machine learning newbies who are eager to understand the basic of machine learning, here is a quick tour on the top 10 machine learning algorithms used by data scientists.1âââLinear RegressionLinear regression…
- We will borrow, reuse and steal algorithms from many different fields, including statistics and use them towards these ends.The representation of linear regression is an equation that describes a line that best fits the relationship between the input variables (x) and the output variables (y), by finding specific weightings for…
- Linear RegressionFor example: y = B0 + B1 * xWe will predict y given the input x and the goal of the linear regression learning algorithm is to find the values for the coefficients B0 and B1.Different techniques can be used to learn the linear regression model from data, such…
- They are also often accurate for a broad range of problems and do not require any special preparation for your Bayes is a simple but surprisingly powerful algorithm for predictive modeling.The model is comprised of two types of probabilities that can be calculated directly from your training data: 1) The…
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 14:17:58 +0000 2018
- In this PoolParty 6.2 release webinar Andreas Blumauer (CEO and Product Architect) and Alex Jackson (Product Manager) will introduce you to the machine learning capabilities of the semantic software solution.
- A major feature of the newest release is the semantic classifier.
- We will show how this new feature can significantly improve recommendation services, matchmaking capabilities, and classification tasks.
- By combining machine learning and semantic knowledge graphs you can increase the efficiency of knowledge engineering.
- Users can experience an accuracy improvement in text classification based on traditional machine learning methods like Deep Learning or SVM of up to 3% when using semantically enriched information for training instead of unstructured text only.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 02:35:05 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2016-10-30T08:00:10+00:00
- Robots are rapidly becoming more and more lifelike and unrecognizable from humans.
- You may have already seen Jia Jia, a super realistic robot capable of micro facial expressions and basic conversation with humans.
- But a newcomer robot also made a debut: the university unveiled a male robot that can accurately paint calligraphy.
- This new robot demonstrated extraordinarily lifelike (albeit slow) hand movements.
- Watch a video of Jia Jia and the calligraphy painting robot below.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 09:00:08 +0000 2018
Top AI Courses
Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI (44,056 students enrolled)By Hadelin de Ponteves
- Build an AI
- Understand the theory behind Artificial Intelligence
- Make a virtual Self Driving Car
- Make an AI to beat games
- Solve Real World Problems with AI
- Master the State of the Art AI models
- Deep Q-Learning
- Deep Convolutional Q-Learning
Advanced AI: Deep Reinforcement Learning in Python (10,029 students enrolled)By Lazy Programmer Inc.
- Build various deep learning agents
- Apply a variety of advanced reinforcement learning algorithms to any problem
- Q-Learning with Deep Neural Networks
- Policy Gradient Methods with Neural Networks
- Reinforcement Learning with RBF Networks
- Use Convolutional Neural Networks with Deep Q-Learning